Chapter 8

(Y/n)'s POV

Rem-nii came in.

"Don't act out of turn," he said to everyone. Then they started talking about getting the grimoire.
"But where do I go?" Shiki asked.
"Wherever you want with those wings you're so proud of," Urie replied.
"Guys, stop bullying Shiki and Shiki, stop cutting the flowers." Mage just grunted and sat down. Urie went back to having tea. Shiki stormed out.
"Leave him, he just wants attention," Mage exclaimed. I got one of the sweets on the table.
"You guys...think of me as a sister...right?" They all looked at me.
"Why wouldn't we?" Urie asked.
"Oh, no reason. Just something that came up." The things those girls said still stayed in my head.
"(Y/n), you're eating all the food," Mage pointed out.
"Oh, don't mind me. And why would you care?"
"Hey, I was just telling you." I shrugged.
"Well, bye guys. I'm gonna go find Shiki."

I left and saw him in the garden. He was pulling out the flowers. Ritsuka had stopped him. I ran up to them.

"Need some help?" They both looked at me.
"With what?" Ritsuka asked.
"That." I pointed to their wounds. Ritsuka nodded. I healed hers since it wasn't much.
"Thanks (Y/n)." She smiled at me. I grabbed Shiki's hands and healed most of it.
"See? (Y/n)'s the only one that's kind to me. They all tease me because I'm an angel."
"You're an angel?" Ritsuka asked.
"Yes, a fallen angel cast out of heaven," Shiki replied.
"Your mother, Maria, liked flowers didn't she?"
"Huh? Yes..." Ritsuka answered.
"I knew it, I might know where you're mother is," Shiki exclaimed. Azuna came up to us.
"She can come too." A while later, we were walking towards...wherever Shiki was taking us.
"Are you sure he's not lying about your mother?" Azuna asked.
"Even if he is, I want to see for myself," Ritsuka replied.
"Come on, let's leave," said Azuna.
"Then you leave alone. Ritsuka said she'll come," Shiki said.
"Then I will too," Azuna replied.

We arrived at an art museum. I let them wander off as I admired all the paintings. I wonder who painted all this... Oh and where was everyone? I was left with Azuna. This was awkward, I barely knew her.

"You're (Y/n), huh?" I nodded.
"Nice to meet you, Azuna."
"You too."

We talked for a bit. I had this weird feeling like we were gonna be good friends. We ran to where Ritsuka was. Azuna got out holy water and sprayed it on Shiki. Then she trapped him in one of those magic circle things (I'm sorry I don't know what they're called).

"Ritsuka, hurry. Get out," Azuna exclaimed with worry. The thing didn't affect Shiki.
"I have angel blood running through my veins. An exorcist can't kill me," Shiki said. His wings appeared.
"Exorcist? What's he talking about?" Ritsuka asked Azuna.
"I can explain-"
"Were you being nice to me because of the grimoire?"
"I can't say I wasn't-" I didn't really bother with listening. *sigh* These fights...
"Lying is a mortal sin," said Shiki. Strong winds came our way but I was completely unaffected.
"Ritsuka!" Azuna yelled.

Shiki shot out sharp feathers from his wings. They were aimed towards Azuna. I created an ice wall so that they couldn't touch us. Shiki walked around it and kicked her.

"I want to see that beautiful, scared face of yours," he said to her. He stomped on her. Ritsuka pushed him off.
"Stop fighting!"

Everyone looked at me. *sigh* Shiki teleported us back. I was about to teleport back with him to the third library but Azuna stopped me.

"(Y/n), a-are you a devil?" she asked. I looked away.
"Ritsuka can tell you that, you must not trust me anymore."
"Was that all a lie?" Ritsuka asked Shiki.
"Lies, truths, you can decide for yourself," Shiki replied. His wings wrapped around me before he teleported us back.
"Where have you two been?" Mage asked.
"We were at an art museum."
"Why?" Urie asked.
"Don't know, ask Shiki." I grabbed some books then went back to the table.
"Hey guys, do you want to do some riddles?" They just shrugged and nodded.
"Okay, let's see who's the smartest out of the three of you."
"Oi, are you trying to find the stupidest one here?" Mage asked.
"No but I can if you want me to."
"No thanks," replied Urie. Hmm...
"What is more powerful than god but more evil than the devil? The rich want it and the poor have. And if you eat it, you die."
"That's a tough one," Shiki said.
"It's nothing," Loewen exclaimed.
"Wah?! When did you come?! And you're peeking." He just smiled.
"That doesn't count as a point!" Mage argued.
"Okay then. If I eat, I am fine but if I drink, I die. What am I?" They all thought about it.
"Fire?" Urie said, unsure. I nodded.
"Next, what goes up but never comes down?"
"The sky?" Shiki asked.
"Clouds?" Mage replied, unsure.
"Isn't it age?" Loewen asked.
"Yep."
"Why am I getting nothing?!" Mage asked, annoyed.
"Don't know, maybe you'll get this next one. A pink house is made out of pink bricks. A blue house is made out of blue bricks and a red house is made out of red bricks. What is a green house made out of?"
"Glass," Shiki answered.
"Correct. Two people are found dead in a cabin in the woods. What killed them?" They had a bit of trouble with this one.