Chapter 22

AS ALWAYS THANKS FOR REEEEEEAAAAADING! <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

“Fleur can’t do it.”

I looked up from my parchment where I was writing my Transfiguration paper.

“You’re talking to me know?” I said with an annoyed tone.

Harry clenched his teeth trying hard not to yell at me.

“I don’t want to get in a fight with you about this Amelia. Fleur can’t compete in the last task, she fell and hit her head, and she’s in a coma.” Harry said.

I sighed and put my quill down.

“Okay, what does that have to do with me?” I said furrowing my eyebrows at him.

“She has to be replaced or the consequences will be  horrible, she can only be replaced by a sibling or another sibling of another champion.” Harry said.

“But Cedric and Krum don’t have any siblings and Gabrielle and I aren’t of age.” I said my face scrunching up in confusion even more.

“When a champion is not able to perform the oldest candidate has to compete.” Harry said.

My whole world stops.

My heart races and my palms start to sweat.

It seems like everything is in slow motion.

“No.” I whisper.

I leap up from my seat and run out of the common room.

I hear Harry call for me but I keep running.

At first I think I’m going to run to Dumbledore to ask him if it was true, but then I change my mind.

I run to the dungeons but I find him before I reach the dungeons.

I fly into him hugging him realizing the tears are flowing from my eyes.

It’s a possibility I could die. In just two weeks.

He hugged me back.

“Whoa.” He said when we pulled back. He brushed a tear from my cheek with his thumb. “What’s wrong.”

I looked into Draco’s eyes trying to slow my breath down.

“I’m a champion.” I whisper still not believing what I was saying.

“What?” Draco said laughing. “Are you joking. They picked champions ages ago.”

“She is a champion Malfoy.”

I turned around to see Harry walking towards us.

Draco tensed up but didn’t lash out at Harry. “How?”

Harry explained to Draco exactly how he explained it to me.

“Oh Em.” Draco said pulling me to him kissing me on the top of my head telling me it was going to be alright, and no matter what we would be ok.

“Emma.” Harry said.

Draco released me and I looked at Harry.

“Harry?”

“I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have judged you for loving him, he clearly loves and cares for you more than any other guy you’ve been with has. If you don’t forgive me I won’t blame you, I just- uh!” I cut him off hugging him until the scent of his clone played games with my brain.

I pulled back holding Harry’s hands. “I love you Harry.”

“I love you too Emma.” Harry said flicking my forehead.

“You’ll be okay I promise.” Harry said hugging me again. “ I won’t let anything hurt you.”

We pulled back and Draco came up to Harry.

“No hard feelings?” Draco said holding out his hand for Harry to shake.

“We’ll see how you treat my sister.” Harry said shaking Draco’s hand.

Draco gave Harry a small smile and then turned to me.

“When you get out of the maze we will celebrate like kings.” He said and I giggled.

If I make it out. My mind says but I push it away.

“We need to practice Em, we don’t know what’ll be in the maze.” Harry said.

“Okay. I’ll see you later Malfoy, come up to the common room at eight. You need to officially meet my friends.” I say smiling at him as Harry takes my hand dragging me back to the common room.

I see Draco nod uneasily.

He’ll be fine, it’s me I’m not sure about.