Chapter 10

Luke's P.O.V.

Dad and I sat at the kitchen island eating breakfast as Mom washed up and got things in order for the Luna meeting she was having today. Dad and I were going to make a couple of rounds around the borders, just for the fun of it.

There was a knock at the door, Dad looked up from his meal and went to the front door. Mom and I exchanged confused glances and I followed behind. I grinned as I saw Alpha Ashworth standing in the front doorway talking to Dad.

"Morning Luke," he grinned before looking behind me, "Morning Emma."

"Simon, what brings you here this hour of the morning?" Mom said wiping her hands on the dish towel. I looked at the big clock in the living room, it was only 8:00 a.m.

"It's Satur-training-day," Alpha Ashworth said laughing. "Ari came up with that term, I just thought Jonathan and Luke might be interested in seeing us in action."

I looked over to Dad and grinned. A chance to see the legendary Ashworth brothers in action was any wolf's dream. Dad grinned as well, "We'd love to. Beats border inspection any day."

I grinned before running upstairs slipping my phone in my back pocket and putting on my sneakers. I heard vaguely heard Mom trying to convince Alpha Ashworth to have some breakfast. I shook my head and waited until they were finished talking.

"I'll have them back with minimal bruising," Alpha Ashworth said casually. I heard Mom and Dad laughed before silence. I hesitated on the staircase, giving my parents some private time. I laughed as I heard Alpha Ashworth fake gagging and my parents laughing. I stuck my hands into my pockets before kissing Mom on her cheek and following the two alphas out the door.

I didn't join in the conversation as Dad and Alpha Ashworth talked for the entire walk. We kept on the outskirts of the community as we headed to the clearing where the Ashworth pack was training. My mind kept replaying what happened at the track two days ago. I'd never expect Xaden to beat me, never in a million years. He had the natural skill while I resorted to my alpha instincts and genes to keep up but in the end, it didn't even matter.

My wolf wasn't happy about that at all, I'd never felt such anger from him, from us. We wanted Xaden bloodied, limp and submissive, reminding him who was Alpha.

But I'd never felt such peace. I remember the wave of calm I felt at the sound of Anastasia's voice and her touch. It'd snap me back to reality, leaving me dazed and confused about it. Was that normal? Is that how your mate makes you feel?

"We're here," Alpha Ashworth said as we stood at the fringe of the clearing. I looked at him and bit wary of the increase in power I felt radiating off him now that he was back with his pack.

I looked up as I saw all the able warriors of the Ashworth in human form training. Alpha Ashworth stepped out of the clearing. Dad and I looked at each other before following him.

"We break the pack into 6 groups," Alpha Ashworth said proudly as we walked on the border of the arena. "Rowan teaches them speed, Jared's specialty is agility," he continued to explain as we walked past each son, "Ari and Asher simulate tag team attacks, Axel focuses on strength training," we ducked to avoid getting hit by a kettle ball which Alpha Ashworth easily tossed back, "and Damien specialises in one-on-one combat."