Chapter 21

Anastasia's P.O.V.

My tummy grumbled as I sat down and I felt an immediate twinge of concern. I sighed and settled into my chair. I was so tired last night that I forgot to pack a lunch and I didn't have the time to make one this morning as I overslept. My eyes glazed over to the lunch line and I groaned at the number of people in it.

I heard chuckles and four chairs scraping the floor as my friends sat down. I shook my head at their lunch offers, knowing that they needed it more than me. I didn't have a particularly hard day today; I could always hold out until I got home.

I saw Cael shaking in silent laughter making me raise an eyebrow at him. Cael snickered and pointed to Xaden whose nose was wrinkled disgustedly and eyes fixed on me. I bit my lip and smiled at him as he brought a passive mask to his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked looking at him amused.

"You reek of him," Xaden grumbled. Most people would think Xaden was jealous or disapproved but I knew better, he was happy for me.

I bit my cheek as Kenna, Hayley and Cael laughed. It was true, Luke's scent was mingled with my own as our wolves got closer last Saturday, something my brothers teased me about yesterday. I didn't care, Luke is my mate and this is how things are supposed to be.

"You have a problem with that, Ford?"

My heart stuttered and my wolf perked up as our gaze trailed upward until it met the Luke's blue eyes. I couldn't stop the smile that spread across my face as I looked up at him as he stood behind Xaden.

"Not at all Blackwell," Xaden said evenly, smirking as he opened his soda. He looked at me, a silent warning to be careful.

"Hey Luke," I breathed. My wolf licked her chops as we drank in our mate's appearance. Dressed in a blue and white striped tee and matching blue hoodie and jeans, his look was simple but enough to send my tummy into a flurry.

"Let's go out for lunch," he said. It wasn't a command but he didn't leave much room for me to decline so I weighed my options and nodded. Xaden and Cael warned me to be safe while Kenna and Hayley barely contained their excitement.

My hand slid into Luke's naturally and I smiled shyly as we walked together to the exit. I tried my best to ignore the whispers and my skin prickled from the holes I could feel boring into my back. Luke's hand slipped out of mine and across my back to my bare shoulder as he growled lowly, letting it echo through the room as we made our getaway.

"I'll take that." Luke slipped my bag off my shoulders as we walked towards the principal's office.

"Thank you," I smiled as our fingers found each other's again. Luke got us both lunchtime passes and clocked us out. I shielded my eyes from the sun as he led me to his car.

"M'lady," Luke grinned as he opened the passenger door of his silver Honda Accord.

"Why thank you kind Sir," playing along as I got in. He laughed as he closed the door and got in. I settled into my seat as he placed my bag in the back and started the car. I looked around as he drove.