Chapter 25

Luke's P.O.V.

I looked up from the leather bound journal as there was a knock on my bedroom door. My wolf growled as he sensed my father's hostility. I closed the journal and looked at the door. "Come in," I said tonelessly, disguising my own anger.

Dad opened the door but remained in the doorway, his eyes were those of his wolf as he assessed me laying down on my bed. "I believe you have something of mine," he said evenly.

I held up the journal so he could see. "This? It's a page turner isn't it? Especially gripping and miraculously has all the answers to our problem with the Nightwalker pack within these pages," I said so sarcastically Ana would be proud of me. I stood and bared my teeth, "We had the answers all along and you kept it hidden from them," I hissed.

Dad growled, "I kept it secret because I didn't know what we are up against."

"So my mate needed to get hurt for you to bring this out?" I rumbled as my wolf rose to the surface. "You've seen the bite wound Alpha Ashworth has, how it bothers him. You knew exactly what we're going up against and you kept this hidden."

Dad growled, "There will be a meeting at the end of the week and everything will be revealed and plans will be made. Don't forget, they have kept their own secrets."

I smirked, "From you." Of course Anastasia would tell me everything, her brothers also started including me in their decision making.

Dad sighed, "Give me the journal." It wasn't a command that I was bound to obey.

I looked over at him, "I think I'll hold on to this. I know a couple of people who would want to read it as well."

Dad stepped closer snarling making me stand up, baring my extended canines, my wolf dangerously close to the surface. "Hand it over, now Luke," he ordered with his Alpha voice.

Most of the command rolled off my form and angered my wolf. "Make me," I growled.

Our heads snapped up as we heard howls in the distance. I recognised Seth's and Bryan's wolves, they were on patrol today. I swore loudly and hurried downstairs and sprinted out the back door as I shifted.

Rouge, Bryan huffed, on the west perimeter. Putting up a good fight. I opened my mind to the men on the west border who had the rouge wolf cornered and were attempting to chase him off Blackwell lands but the wolf was stubborn and not budging.

I was faster than my father and reached the clearing just in time to block the rouge black and white wolf from crossing the border. I growled and kicked him back sending him careening over the small stream. It was ten against one, there was no way this would end well. Dad growled and bared his teeth, giving the rouge one more chance.

"Stop."

My head whirled around as Anastasia's voice cut through the cacophony of growls. She walked through the ankle-deep water of the stream. I rolled my eyes when I saw that she was bare footed, as usual. She bowed in respect to my father before facing the rouge.

I felt her reach out to me and I saw what she was thinking, memories of late night surveillance and prediction. Dad's wolf growled again, furious that she was defying him.

"Hello Richard," she said calmly. The rouge wolf was taken aback that she knew his name, "where is Daniel and Penny?"

Richard's wolf turned to the east where two figures emerged. One was a tall but stocky man with brown hair and his arm around his tiny and visibly pregnant mate.

Anastasia smiled, "Hello, I'm Anastasia Ashworth."

"You already know who we are," Daniel replied gruffly.