Chapter 27

This chapter contains adult language and mature themes.

Luke's P.O.V.

Spring break was finally here and with it came all our college wolves back home.

I laughed and walked around greeting everyone who had travelled back home because Dad asked them too. Even though we didn't have an exact date to attack the Nightwalker pack, everyone needed to know what was going on.

"Well isn't it Lukey Boy," one of the jocks who graduated last year clapped me on my back. "Look at you all manly and mated?!" They and I were pretty close friends, bonding after school with track and football. He grabbed one of his friends and pointed at my neck and after a while, the gang was all here.

I rolled my shoulders back and grinned. A lot of the guys I knew covered up their marks when they were with their friends. I didn't see the point, I was honoured to be Ana's mate and I showed off my mark with pride, "Before you ask, yes I have a mate."

"Is she hot?"

"What about that blonde chick?"

"Did you bang her yet?"

I growled at the last question making everyone shut up, "Yes she is, Isabel and I are no longer together and no."

"I find that hard to believe," a guy started, "you and that blonde were at it like rabbits."

Bryan snorted as he and Seth joined me, "Trust me, you can't near his girl with a ten foot pole."

"Why? Does she have herpes or something?"

"Let's go with the "or something"," Ana's voice cut through heated conversation like a cold knife. I chuckled to myself as I extend my hand to her before kissing it.

"Ms Anastasia Ashworth, my mate," I grinned as Ana wrapped an arm around my waist. She was laughing and her wolf purring at the dumbfounded looks on their faces.

"As in Ashworth brothers, Anastasia Ashworth?"

"Where are your brothers?"

"The Ashworth brothers have a sister?!"

"Nice to meet you too," Ana said sarcastically before directing her attention to me. I looked at everyone around me coldly and they disappeared immediately.

"I thought the entire pack was coming," I said as I pressed a kiss to her temple, "then again you're the power of a pack in one."

"Hearty har har," Ana rolled her eyes before leaning against me. A date was set for her showcase and she was perfecting her routines but between dancing, training and teaching, Ana was exhausted. "They're not too far behind, everyone's taking their time, talking and catching up."

"They better hurry up because I want to know what you and my mother have been planning all week," I grumbled. Despite our connection, Ana still managed to hide thoughts from me and it annoyed me to no end.

"Patience young wolf," Ana grinned. The clearing fell silent, making Ana and I look up at the hill.

The entire younger generation of the Ashworth pack stood at the top being led by the Ashworth brothers. I could feel their power and pride as they stood with their pack, their future. I felt Anastasia's pride watching her pack as she stood next to me. I reached and grabbed her hand, squeezing it lightly, proud knowing that Anastasia was part of and helped shaped this legacy.