Chapter 12

Luke's P.O.V.

I shoved my hand into the pockets of my hoodie as I led the entire student body from school to the pack clearing. Everyone was chatting animatedly, wondering the reason behind the first Blackwell pack meeting in years.

"Trouble in paradise?" Bryan fell into step next to me. I looked at him in confusion and he jerked his thumb in the direction where Isabel was talking to her friends.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "Yup." Bryan nodded before falling into the crowd, keeping people in line.

Isabel went bat shit crazy when she came to my house yesterday for two reasons. One the fact that I didn't tell her that I moved into a new bedroom. She'd waited in the old one, in the nude waiting to surprise me but flashed my poor mother instead. But really set her off was the fact that Anastasia had left her shirt in my room.

I ducked my head as I remembered the screaming and screeching as Isabel threw accusations and profanities. I took it in stride but couldn't bring myself to tell her the truth and end things so now we weren't talking and dodging each other. Thankfully, Anastasia wasn't in school today or things would've gotten ugly.

I stopped as my parents, Harvey, the council and Alpha Ashworth came into view. All the adults of the pack were already there. Everyone weaved through the crowd, sitting with their parents or friends. I saw Isabel sit with her mother and her friends. I stood to the side, Bryan, Jason and Seth soon joined me.

"Good evening everyone," Dad said loudly. I was always amazed at the power Alphas had as the crowd immediately fell silent. "I know it has been a while since the Blackwell pack has convened but I have an announcement that would change our lives as we know it." Murmurs resounded through the crowd.

"As you may know, we have provided the Ashworth pack with the refuge they need after the Nightwalker pack invaded their lands. Maximus Kali has his pack hell bent on total domination and it won't be long until Nightwalker pack becomes a threat to the Blackwell pack. And as such," he paused, scanning the crowd, "there will be a merger between the Blackwell and Ashworth packs."

I stepped back as the crowd exploded, everyone talking and some even objecting the news and casting murderous glances at Alpha Ashworth. I nodded to my friends and we brought our wolves to the surface, ready to shift if needed.

"Silence!" both the Alphas shouted in their deepest timbre. The crowd had to obey, the combination of the pack bond to Dad and the undeniable power Alpha Ashworth had could put any wolf into submission, some of the weaker members flinched.

"We intend to attack the Nightwalker pack soon," Dad continued, "and for that, we need warriors."

"Anyone who is willing to train with us is welcomed," Alpha Ashworth said, "take your time to consider who and what we are up against. Feel free to give your name to your Alpha, me or any of my children. The first joint training session is this Saturday."

Are you fighting? Seth's voice rang in my head.

Of course, I answered. They will become our problem soon, might as well nip in the bud. And it's an opportunity to train with the Ashworths.

Oh, Seth said.

Jason chuckled, I don't think that was the answer he was looking for.