Chapter 22

This chapter contains mild swearing and graphic imagery.

Luke's P.O.V.

I smiled as I pressed my lips to Ana's neck softly, smiling when I felt her shiver and her lips pressed tenderly to my temple. She was currently tucked in between my legs, her back pressed against my chest as she worked on her drawing while I worked out a schedule for patrols for the younger generation of wolves. We were currently nestled into a corner on the floor right against the window wall in my room.

It was our space and we both were content at the contact between us. Even though we hadn't marked each other, we couldn't stand to be away from each other. I peeked over Ana's shoulder as she continued working with the white pencil on black paper. She captured the wolf howling spectacularly and I asked earlier who was the wolf but didn't get an answer. I chuckled as her eyes drifted to the lake for the hundredth time. I loved how she could drift off into a daydream yet snap back to reality in an instant.

I frowned as I heard yelling outside. It was slightly muffled but it caught Ana's attention as well making her sat up straighter. She looked at me, equally puzzled before her eyes glassed over. I sat up as I heard my mother's hurried footsteps.

My door opened and I saw the blonde of the top of Mom's head. "Luke? Ana?" she called out concerned.

"Here," I said sitting straight up. She smiled when she saw us but it was soon replaced with a look of worry and pity. "What wrong?"

Mom sighed, her eyes drifting to Ana, "Your presence is required downstairs. Both of you."

The shift in our attitudes was obvious as Ana and I stood. I looked over at her and she smiled grimly, linking out hands. I rubbed the back of hers, calming my agitated wolf and hers as we walked down the stairs. Our fathers had been in a meeting which I excused myself from once Dad assigned me work and Alpha Ashworth let Ana off to work on one of her pieces for her portfolio.

There was small crowd gathered around the front of our house consisting of mostly Blackwell pack members with an irate Mrs Pentland and Isabel standing in front. Ana's wolf surged to the surface and she growled lowly. I pulled her closer to me, she was not wearing any silver making me the only thing stopping her from possibly phasing.

"What is going on here?" Dad questioned authoritatively. Alpha Ashworth stood next to him, his face grim as if he knew what this gathering was about.

"As you may know Jonathan your son was in a relationship with my daughter," Mrs Pentland said venomously, "and their relationship was of a sexual nature."

I growled and stepped towards her. She had no right to air my dirty laundry and her daughter's business in public. "What happened between Isabel and I are none of your concern," I told her sternly, eyeing her down for an attack if need be. Ana's hand coiled around my bicep and I was amazed at how calm she was about this.

"Everything my daughter does is of my concern Luke," Mrs Pentland sneered. I looked at Isabel who was standing there emotionless. I knew Mrs Pentland kept Isabel and her little sister under her control and I encouraged her countless times to stand up for herself but she never did. "Especially now that she has met her mate who is planning to reject her."

The last line sent a chill down my spine. This was one of the major concerns I had when I first approached the topic of going further with Isabel. She hadn't met her mate yet and what if he rejected her when he found out that she was not one? Virginity wasn't a big issue in our pack but was a deal breaker in others. Isabel had laughed, saying that if her mate really loved her, he would accept her never-the-less.