Chapter 17

Anastasia's P.O.V.

I knocked on the door of the Blackwell pack house and waited for someone to open it. Beneath the overwhelming scent of my mate I could smell cookies and coffee meaning that Emma was preparing for the Luna meeting. Tammy told me about the trouble the Luna council was giving her and they refused to have any more meetings with her and demanded my presence as the Ashworth pack's "Luna".

The door opened and I smiled as Emma embraced me. "Hello there," she stepped back to let me in.

"Hiya Emma," I grinned as I slipped off my boots and my toes curled as they touched the cold hardwood floors. "I smell cookies, are those for the meeting?"

Emma grinned and gestured for me to follow her into the kitchen. "I thought because this is your first meeting I'd make them as a treat," she offered me one.

"Oh thank you, you didn't have to," I was taken aback by her kindness but bit into the soft piece of heaven. "Damn these are good," I muttered.

Emma laughed as she transferred the cookies to a serving plate. "Ana dear, can you help me with that tray?" She gestured with her chin to the tray with the kettle, cups and the necessities for coffee. I smiled and got the tray as we chatted up the stairs on the way to her office.

"You can rest it here," Emma placed the cookies and other goodies on the side table and I followed suit before looking around the room.

Emma's office was smaller than Jonathan's study but was furnished with the same dark wood furniture. Emma's study was bright, the sunlight streaming through the white curtains and there was an unobstructed view of the forest. I breathed in the crisp morning air as Emma made coffee for the both of us. I thanked her as we sat side by side at her desk.

"Tammy told me that you're considering the sharing rooms idea," I said as I sipped my coffee.

"It's risky Anastasia and you very well know that," Emma sighed, running a hand through her blonde hair, "but it's logical because we are short on space."

"I would help watch," I said ruefully, "but I need to be watched." I looked through the notes Tammy made avoiding Emma's look.

"It's quite alright Ana," she reached over and tapped a list of names, "Tammy has already gathered volunteers from your pack. Now we need to get my ladies on board."

I smirked, "I'm pretty sure I can do that." I ran my finger on the rim of the cup.

Emma laughed but stopped when we heard voices and footsteps coming upstairs. "Let's see if you can."

I jumped back in fright as a pack of ladies burst through the door. All of them rambled loudly, each one talking over the next, some trying to calm each other down, other arguing amongst themselves, some advancing aggressively at Emma. I looked over at her as she tried to cut it and get them to calm down but her polite hand raises and soft tones could not capture the cut through the throng.

I gave Emma a split second warning before bringing my palm down hard on the table. I growled loudly as the drawers rattled and the women went silent.

"Now that I've got your attention," I said lowly, letting my canines extend slightly, "here's how this is going to go. You all will leave this room. Yes leave." I shot a glare at a disgruntled blonde. "You will leave, compose yourselves, kindly come back in and take your seats. You can help yourself to the refreshments if you wish." I gestured to the table. "You all have demanded, no commanded, my presence here today and if this meeting is get underway, I will have order."