Chapter 14

Luke's P.O.V.

I huffed as the tie fell from my neck again. How do people wear these damn things?! I shook my head before running a comb through my hair one last time. Today was the day of the party, celebrating the historic merger between the Blackwell and Ashworth pack. I fixed my cuff links and looked over my reflection one more time before snatching my tie and heading to my parents' room.

I knocked once softly before opening the door at my mother's "Come in." I laughed as she stood there, midway in the act of tying Dad's tie. I held my tie up sheepishly and they laughed.

"Your girlfriend better know how to tie a tie," Mom commented as she did mine, looking up at me pointedly. I looked down as she finished. "I hope Simon taught his boys how to do this, I doubt Anastasia has the patience to help all eight of them." Dad chuckled as he gave himself a once over in the mirror.

"Everyone ready?" Dad asked. I buttoned my jacket and nodded as Mom fixed the back of her earring before grabbing her clutch and weaving her arm into Dad's.

"How do I look?" she asked Dad, nervous as a girl before prom.

"Beautiful," he murmured before pressing a kiss to her temple. Mom swooned before they got lost in each other's eyes, like mates seeing each other for the first time. I smiled before slipping past them and quietly out the room.

I always admired the relationship my parents had, how they fell in love with each other every single day, stood beside each other no matter what happened. I really craved that kind of relationship, especially now that I found Anastasia but my own cowardice was keeping me back. I sighed as I grabbed the Range Rover keys and heading to the garage. I volunteered as my parents' chauffeur tonight, they deserve a relaxing night.

The entire pack was buzzing with excitement since preparations for the ball were kept top secret. No one was allowed to go to the clearing unless they were a volunteer, Mom or Ana. According to Mom, Ana did the most work in creating, planning and setting up for this party. I don't know how she did it between school, helping out at home, training and the singing/dancing classes she did with the kids. My wolf and I were proud; our mate was a natural Luna.

The opening of the car door interrupted my thoughts. I looked back to see Dad helping Mom in. I smiled amused to see Mom's smudged lipstick and Dad's pink lips. He growled in warning and I held my arms up before putting the car into drive.

~

The Blackwell pack met some distance before the clearing. Dad had decided to make an entrance as a pack. I scanned our pack, everyone dressed in their formal best. There was music playing and the buzz of chatter through the trees told us the Ashworth pack had already arrived.

"Alright everyone," Dad said causing the pack to get into somewhat of an order.

I stood behind my father, trying my best to ignore the whispers and murmurs. Yes, I was standing alone. I kept my distance from Isabel this week just as she was doing to me, though there were rumours of her breakdown in the girls' locker room over my lack of invitation as my plus one. I looked over to my left vowing only one girl would stand next to me.

I raised an eyebrow as we followed the lantern lit wooden path; leave it to Ana to think of everything. We kept on walking, getting closer to the brightly lit clearing. Mom gasped and stumbled a little as we walked in.

Falling For the Alpha's DaughterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara