Epilogue

Luke's P.O.V.

I stood in the field, the grass brushing lightly against my thighs as the wind made them bow and bend in the breeze. I drew up to my full height and stuffed my hand in the back pockets of my jeans as my eyes surveyed the lands of my pack.

My pack.

Those words weighed on my soul as my mind wrapped around the news my father revealed just over a month ago. Just as the Ashworth pack's business was in order my father announced that he would be retiring as Alpha of the Blackwell pack and I would take over when Anastasia had moved in and we were ready to lead.

The decision was for the best, our pack had been uneasy since we returned from helping the Ashworths, young and old had realised that the Blackwell pack needed a new direction. More and more people came to me for advice which lead to frequent fights and regular trips to Ashworth lands for a weekend escape from the tension.

"Luke."

I turned around to face Anastasia.

Oh, my Anastasia.

She was dressed in a beautiful white dress the wind blew against the slit on the side making her legs stand out. My eyes followed the lace on her collar to where she proudly displayed my mark. Her makeup was done beautifully and her hair pinned to the right side by one of her mother's pin, the one she had worn when she had joined the Ashworth pack, gifted to her by her father. Her hair tumbled to the slight dip in the neckline of her dress, delicately teasing what lay beneath.

She smiled and I swore the light around her shone brighter. I smiled and walked back up to her. "Ana," I breathed as I kissed her forehead.

"They're ready," she smiled fixing my shirt, brushing back my collar so her mark on me was visible.

"Are you ready?" I searched her face and her thoughts for any signs of doubt about what we were going to do.

Ana smiled and cupped my face, "I am, are you?"

"More than I ever will be," I murmured as I kissed her softly. Ana chuckled and held me close as we savoured the moment; just the two of us.

"Hey cut it out!"

"This is no time to play hooky!"

Ana and I laughed as our peace was broken by Jason and Xaden and our fingers curled together as we walked up to meet them.

"I have a hunch that this is going to be a recurring moment in our lives," Ana commented as we walked to the clearing where the ceremony was being held.

"Not for me, she's your problem now," Xaden jokingly pushed Jason's shoulder as the horrible realisation dawned on the latter's face. Ana huffed and playfully whacked Xaden.

"Definitely not going to miss the violence," he muttered as Ana stuck her tongue out at him.

I breathed in deeply as the murmurs of my pack echoed through the quiet forest as we got closer. I squeezed Ana's hand gently as Xaden and Jason disappeared behind the flower garlands that hung from the makeshift entry way.

"This is it," Ana said softly, her nervousness was contagious, setting me on edge in return.