Chapter 33

Anastasia's P.O.V.

I opened my eyes as my brain stumbled out of a drug fuelled haze. The sunlight shone through the blinds, making the white of the room more painful on my eyes. I sighed as my eyes glazed over to calendar that was supplied in every room of the Blackwell hospital and my heart rate spiked as I looked at the date. I had been in here for six days.

Today was supposed to be my audition.

Our packs were chaos right now. School was the last thing on my mind as every wolf, young and old had to pull the weight to help both packs recover. The hospital was full to capacity with the injured, those who did not need constant monitoring were moved into nearby houses. For the first couple of days the doctors had focused on flushing my body of whatever poison was in my body, hoping that my accelerated healing would tend to the physical injuries.

I was barely conscious when the doctor listed all my injuries to Jared, I vaguely heard fractures and muscle damage but I could not pinpoint any due to the bliss the IV pumped into me. My ankle is was in soft cast and a part of me was sadden at the thought of the months of rehab it would take; my heart sank even more at the thought of how long it would be before I was back to 100%, far less to be able to dance.

"Hey," I looked up at Rowan walked in. My younger brothers had definitely pulled out relatively unscathed and they were in charge while my older brothers and Dad were stuck in here. "How are you?"

"Thirsty," my voice was hoarse and I cringed at it, at the memory of Kali's jaws nearly closing around my throat. Rowan frowned as if he read my thoughts as he brought a glass of water over.

"How is everyone?" I murmured.

"Cleared of the poison, thanks to the information Blackwell had in his journal, Luna Blackwell, Tammy and the ladies were able to create an antidote. Now we just need the physical all clear," Rowan said.

Usually we would've used our mind links to communicate but our minds, our bodies, our wolves were so hurt and exhausted that they were barely there. I sighed and popped my back.

"How is he?"

I had not been allowed to see Luke whose room was on the top floor. His vitals were stable but he had not woken up since he ended the fight; since he killed Kali.

"He's the same," Rowan answered carefully. "Luna Blackwell has been busy between him and Alpha Blackwell."

My heart hurt, something that reflected in the monitor. "Can I see him?" I monitored his inner debate and already knew the answer before it slipped through his lips.

"I'm sorry Ana-bear." I sighed as the nurse came in, checking my vitals and leaving breakfast. My ears stood at attention as Rowan talked to her outside.

"Alright, up you come," I grinned as Rowan disconnected all the wires for the monitors and adjusted the IV. "Let's go see everyone."

I smiled as he placed me in a wheelchair that had my IV hooked up to it but my joy at freedom from my room was quickly replaced by sorrow as I saw the aftermath of the fight first hand.

I talked to the nurses and comforted everyone I saw. Our packs had taken a serious blow but thanks to Luke, we survived. Jared all but ran to me, "Hey little one," I kissed his cheek as my heart broke a little as the long forgotten nickname resurfaced, "how are you?"