Chapter Two: Flashback

Nine Crimes Chapter Two

I roll my eyes, listening to Kate talk to my mother. They are going over some things about upcoming events at our church. A church I'm not even sure I want to be a part of anymore. Shaking my head, I stand from the table hoping neither woman will notice my absence from the room. It seems once they get to talking that is all they think about.

Going outside, I sit on the porch and take out the cartoon of cigarettes in my pocket. It's a habit I have taken up since our trip to Jamaica. Kate hates but it helps with my nerves and at least it's not pot. I smoked that for a whole year after our tour in 2008 and that caused too many arguments with her.

Putting the cigarette in my mouth, I find my lighter and soon light up, watching as the smoke I blow out goes up towards the sky. It's been a month since Kate and I had sex. A freaking month and I'm starting to feel horrible. I try but she always turns me down. I'm starting to feel as if I just don't do it for her anymore.

"Mind if I have a smoke too," a voice speaks up from beside me and I turn to see Natalie as she picks up the cartoon of cigarettes and lighter that I left laying beside me.

I shake my head, "No," I tell her as I take another puff from my cigarette. "Get tired of listening to mom and Kate talk about church shit too?" I ask laughing softly as I watch her light the cigarette up. I have never seen her smoke before but she does it like a pro.

Natalie laughs and nods. "No offense, but I really just hate Kate's holier than thou attitude she adopted since becoming a Christian," she says in between drags off her cigarette.

"No offense taken," I shrug knowing Natalie has a point about Kate. "I'm surprised you aren't at home with Taylor or the kids."

At my words, Natalie rolls her eyes, "Taylor isn't even home with the kids," she sighs as she takes another drag off the cigarette. "My mom is watching the children and he is off doing god knows what, or should I say who."

Feeling my eyes widen at her words I am shocked at what she has revealed. "Taylor is cheating on you?" I ask wanting to make sure I heard her right.

Natalie nods, "He has been cheating on me our whole marriage, you know he has before. He claims he'll stop but he never does. Hell wasn't it you who walked in on him and Carrick in the bathroom that one time?"

"Don't remind me of that," I shudder as I think about the images still engrained in my brain of my brother bent over a bathroom sink while Carrick fucked him. "Who is he cheating with this time?"
"Nikki Reed," Natalie mutters her name with such venom that it shocks me. I soon get images in my head of Natalie murdering her. "Apparently it started after ya'll filmed the music video. Her husband has no clue but I'm tempted to tell him."

"Taylor may not like it too well if you tell him," I shrug knowing it would piss him off and he is known to have a temper. "But at least Taylor is getting laid."

I feel Natalie death glare me, "Yes and when he fucks around on me I stop getting laid," she snaps and I jump slightly, throwing my finished cigarette on the porch and stomping it out.

"Sorry," I squeak out as I chew on my lip. Damn foot in mouth syndrome. "Kate isn't even cheating on me and we haven't had sex since January....February is almost over and my dick is really getting tired of all this self-love I am giving it."

Natalie laughs and throws her cigarette down, stomping it out too. "You could try sucking it yourself," she teases and looks at me as if she has more to say. "I'm not sure what is going on with Kate. She doesn't tell me much anymore. She has sort of shut down and it's weird."