Chapter Three: Writhe

Nine Crimes Chapter Three

The rest of the morning after my chat with Kate, goes by uneventful, in fact the next three days go by uneventful but on Friday, I find myself sitting in front of my computer at the studio, rolling my eyes as I hear Taylor sweet talking someone on the phone.

When he hangs up, I turn my chair to face him. "Natalie?" I ask wondering if he would actually be bold enough to talk to Nikki like that while I am in the office to hear him.

Taylor turns to look at me and raises an eyebrow, "Why do you care?" he asks rather harsh as he chews on his lip, a nervous looking crossing his eyes.

"Just curious," I shrug as I keep watching his facial expressions. I can usually read him like an open book at times. "I've never heard you sweet talk Natalie like that before and I'm wondering what made you do it today."

"It wasn't Natalie," Taylor confesses as he looks away from me, a hand running through his hair. "I...you can't be dumb enough to believe I am still being faithful again," he laughs and I almost want to roll my eyes but I don't. "I was talking to Nikki, I umm, have been seeing her since we did the video."

I try my best to look shocked, pretend I didn't know about this already. "Oh wow," I whisper using a shocked tone. "I had no idea," I lie, hoping he doesn't see through it. I'm usually good at lying to him, or well I like to believe I am good at lying to him. If I'm not then this whole affair with his wife will bite me in the ass.

Taylor nods, "Isaac found out yesterday, I figured it was best I told you before he did. I still don't think Natalie knows, though she always seems to find out everything in the end."

"I'm sure if she knew, you would know by now," I smile as I try to keep from smirking. God how I want to just give one big smug smirk because I know that his wife does know. That his lies aren't such a big huge secret like he thinks they are.

I turn back around, hearing Taylor clear his throat. "I need you to lie for me tonight," he informs me and I groan, knowing it is probably to cover up a meeting with Nikki. "I'm going out of town after I leave the office. Making an impromptu visit to Nikki. Paul is away and we will have a few days to ourselves. If Natalie calls, tell her it is something to do with business, that I'm out of town for a business trip"

I chew my lip and nod my head, feeling almost guilty for having to lie to Natalie, but then again, maybe I won't. Maybe I will be honest with her. She deserves better than being lied too, especially since she already knows he is fucking Nikki.

"Okay," I agree though it's a lie. It seems I am starting to tell more of those as time goes on. Thank god I'm not Pinocchio, or by now my nose would be really long.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Leaving the office a few hours later, I start my drive home, though I end up going a different route. I go the way that will lead me past Natalie and Taylor's house. As I get close to it, I slow down and pull into the drive way, cutting the car off.

Getting out of the car, I walk to the porch and ring the door bell. A few minutes after I ring the bell, I am greeted by Natalie's smiling face, which just turns to confusion.

"What are you doing here Zac?" she asks as she steps aside to let me in. "Sorry the place is a mess. Mom is keeping the kids for a few hours while I do some cleaning and somehow my cleaning has created even more of a mess than before," she laughs as she closes the door behind me, once I step inside.

As she laughs, I notice the way her nose scrunches up and I can't help but find it adorable. Somehow I have never noticed it before today.

"It's fine," I smile as I come out of my thoughts of her. "I came by to tell you that Taylor is out of town."