Chapter Twenty-Five: Heated Relationships

Nine Crimes Chapter Twenty-Five

The remainder of the tour after the baby's birth goes by fast. Faster than I would have liked. The whole time though things were strained between Taylor and I. I had found ways to avoid him. I guess he too found ways to avoid me as well. It was almost like a dance with how well we pulled off avoiding each other.

But there was one person I couldn't avoid now that I was back home. Kate had made it hard to ignore her since I actually live in the same house as her. If I had started to avoid her like I had been doing to Taylor, I'm sure Shepherd and Junia would notice but again they had probably noticed when I moved out for awhile. What was one more thing for them to notice?

"Zac are you here?" Kate's voice asks me and I sigh realizing I had zoned out on her saying we needed to talk.

I run a hand through my hair, "Sorry," I apologize. "I guess I zoned out," I admit being honest wit her. "What did you want to talk about?"

"What are we are going to do about Abraham now that you know the truth," she says cutting right to the chase. When she calls the baby Abraham I have to blink a few times. I honestly can not believe I let her name the baby. She chose such a clusterfuck of names. George which I am sure comes from the royal baby, I mean how could it not? Abraham again I think it's close enough to be George Alexander that it suits her and then Walker. Honestly the Walker bit confuses me because she knows that baby isn't mine.

Looking down I sigh wishing I had something to say that she was going to like but I don't. "I've thought a lot about that on tour," I confess as I look back up seeing her looking at me eagerly. "I..I'm giving you and Taylor until after Halloween to tell Natalie. If none of you don't I will. I refuse to raise his baby as mine and pretend to be happy with you Kate. In fact I plan on filing for divorce after Halloween as well."

Kate's face changes the moment I mention a divorce, "Zac," she frowns as she shakes her head. "I'm sure we can fix things."

"Kathryn," I raise my voice after using her first name, "there is no fixing us. You lied to me about the baby not to mention you blackmailed me to get me to move in here. I don't even love you anymore Kathryn. What is there to fix when I don't love you?"

Kate goes silent when I ask her that. I think she has realized I have a point that with me not loving her there is nothing to fix. "I still love you...I think," she whispers as tears start to go down her cheek. "Just give me a chance to make you fall back in love with me."

I shake my head no before standing from the couch, "No, I mean hell we are practically strangers," I sigh as I head towards the front door. "I'm going out for awhile," I yell behind me. I am hoping if I go away for awhile that Kate will have a chance to come to terms with what I have told her. I am also hoping it will make her call Taylor and tell Taylor that he has until after Halloween to tell Natalie the truth.

Going inside I get in my truck. After I start it up I drive off towards Bethany needing to see her. There is something I need to tell her as well.

Pulling into Bethany's driveway I park my truck behind her car. Getting out I walk onto the porch where I raise my hand, knocking on her door a few times then looking down at my feet as I wait for her to answer. I'm not sure how she will take this conversation either because much like Kate's it isn't going to be an easy one to have.

When the door opens I raise an eyebrow seeing Taylor standing there shirtless, Bethany coming up behind him with a sheet wrapped around her body. Fuck, Taylor has found another way to ruin my life it seems.