Chapter Nineteen: Caught

Nine Crimes Chapter Nineteen

I groan to myself as I arrive at the hotel in New York. Two days have passed since the threesome and the band has just arrived in New York for show's celebrating our twenty-first year as a band and also the release of our album Anthem.

Looking behind me as I walk off the elevator, I watch Natalie shuffling her kids off to the room she has, Kate following behind her. Kate had somehow managed to convince Taylor to let her come along and I wish she hadn't. Her being her just adds more stress to me.

"You okay," a voice asks breaking my thoughts and I look over seeing Taylor staring at me.

"I'm fine," I nod and follow him to our room. Kate tagging along has forced Natalie into agreeing to share a room with her and all of the kids. I say forced because I heard their conversation on the phone yesterday. Kate had practically begged Natalie to be roommates with her and together they could conquer the children.

Taylor opens the door to our room and I sigh as we both walk in, dropping my bags at the foot of the biggest bed and then falling down on it.

"Do we really have to do a show tomorrow?" I ask him as I raise an eyebrow. "Can't I just stay in here and sleep all day."

Taylor laughs and I watch him drop his bag by the smaller bed and lay down, "I wish we could but sadly I don't think we can," he says as he shakes his head.

I pout playfully and look at him, noticing that now he is zoning out. "You okay?" I question when he finally blinks a few times and I know he has came back to reality.

He nods his head, "Just thinking of Natalie," he sighs and I can tell from the sigh there is more he wants to say but isn't saying.

"What about Natalie?" I ask wondering if he will tell me more. I want to know what he is thinking about Natalie.

Taylor sits up and runs a hand through his hair, "I think she is in love with Isaac or whoever the hell she is fucking," he says harshly and that makes me cringe. "She took off her wedding band for the first time since we have been married. She claimed she lost it but I found it in her jewelry box."

I look away from him. So he too had noticed her lack of a wedding band. "You really think just because her ring isn't on, she doesn't love you?" I frown as I chew on my lip. If only I could tell him she does love him. That I know this because I confessed to loving her and got my heart broken when she said she would always love him.

Taylor nods as he looks at me, "Yeah, I do really think that," he answers and I can tell from the tone of his voice he is being honest with me. He believes that Natalie is in love with me, though he has no clue it's me he is talking about.

I look away from him and try to hide the smile that wants to form on my lips. A part of me wants him to be right. I want Natalie to be in love with me. I want her to want me and not Taylor. "I hope you are wrong," I lie as I look up at him and force myself to smile.

"I hope I am too," Taylor says as he stands from the bed. "I'm going to get a shower and just try to sleep," he informs me as he gets his clothes and heads into the bathroom.

Taking my phone out of my pocket I send Natalie a text, asking if she can meet me in the lobby in a few minutes. I know Kate will hate to have the kids but damn it after my talk with Taylor I need to know if he is right about why her wedding band is gone.

Getting a response back, I smile when Natalie agrees to meet me. Turning my phone off, I slip it back in my pocket and stand from the bed. I leave the room without even writing a note to Taylor. I don't see the use in it, I figure I probably won't be gone long. Natalie may have agreed to meet me but she wouldn't agree to what I want to do after we talk. I want to get a room and make love to her.