Chapter Thirty-One: Little Whore

Nine Crimes Chapter Thirty-One

I am not sure how long I waited to leave the apartment after Bethany left. I would have to say it was probably at least two hours as I needed time to calm myself down after her threat of not wanting me near the baby if I wanted to be with Natalie. I was pissed over that threat and was trying to think of ways to get her to change her mind. I knew if I had too I would take her to court.

Getting in my truck, I slam the door and stick my keys into the ignition starting it before driving off. I am heading to the studio a place I haven't been since Taylor left and said he needed a break. I knew Isaac still went every day though, my mom had informed me of that via a nasty voicemail she left after finding out about Natalie and Taylor both leaving. It seemed Kate had clued her in on mine and Natalie's affair though Kate was still keeping the secret of her own affair and Abe's real father.

As I drive by Natalie and Taylor's house though I slow my truck down when I see Natalie's car parked in the drive way. I am tempted to pull in and try to explain about Bethany but I know the way she left that she wouldn't listen to me. She wouldn't hear a word of what I said to her.

Driving past the house I soon make it to the studio where I park my truck, my eyes landing on Taylor's car. I knew Natalie said he was back but I don't think I expected him to be here at the studio at least not yet. Maybe I should have went to his and Natalie's house instead.

I get out of my truck going inside the studio. The walk in seems to go by quicker than it normally does and the moment I am inside I spot Taylor sitting at the front desk where our sister Jessica normally sits. The moment he looks up at me I feel as if I have shrank on the spot, becoming much tinier than I really am.

"Zac," Taylor nods before standing from the chair. "I am glad you came in today, I was actually wanting to speak to you," he tells me his voice seeming much nicer than he was towards me the last time we were together.

"You wanted to speak with me?" I ask confused watching as Taylor grabs my arm, leading me down the hallway until he goes into the bathroom shutting the door behind us. I am almost afraid he might try to seduce me again and that is the last thing I need.

Taylor moves his hand off my arm, "Natalie said she was going to see you," he tells me before running a hand through his har. "I figured she told you about Kate and I."

I nod my head leaning against the sink, "She did tell me that you two wanted to make things work for the baby," I tell him an edge to my voice. "Though that would probably require Kate to stop lying to everyone about the baby being mine still."

"I know it would require that," Taylor shrugs, "I have told her that and she agreed she would, she just needs to find the time and nerve," he smiles as he chews on his lip.

I roll my eyes not even sure if I believe Kate will find the nerve. She cares too much what people at her church think, if they knew she was unfaithful they'd have a cow and her reputation would be tarnished. "W..what brought on the change in you?" I ask knowing that when I last saw him he was professing his love to me and hurt that I couldn't love him back.

"A lot of things," Taylor starts and looks at me though his expression lets me know he is looking for the right words to say. "I had some time to myself to think things through Zac. I realized that maybe I wasn't in love with you, I was just in love with the fact that you made me feel something that my wife couldn't. You made me feel alive which I hadn't feel in a while."

I go silent as I listen to his words, "Natalie makes me feel the same way," I tell him wondering if now maybe I am just in love with the fact that she made me feel things Kate couldn't.