Chapter Eleven: Ring

Nine Crimes Chapter Eleven

Our time in California flies by faster than I would have liked it too, well except on the last day there. That day was just fucking torture. I had woken up to find Natalie gone with a note saying she was shopping. I had been happy she hadn't taken me with her, which if it was Kate she probably would have woken me up and made me go.

Realizing I had some free time I had decided to go see my friend Carrick, surprise him really, but it's funny, fate and reality was the one to give me a surprise. Right as I had arrived on his porch all I had to do was look in the window and see him fucking Natalie. He had her bent over the coffee table.

After that image, I had just left without even knocking and when Natalie had came back I had given her the cold shoulder. Hell two weeks later and I was still giving her the cold shoulder.

"Zac," Isaac's voice slurs out and I look over at him, realizing I was sitting in some damn bar. I had agreed to come here with Isaac after work. For the past two weeks I had been getting drunk, trying to forget Natalie and Carrick having sex.

It's kind of funny but I was more pissed over Natalie fucking Carrick then I was over Kate fucking Taylor.

"Do you want another drink?" Isaac asks me and I just nod. This drink would make my fifth one tonight. I knew Isaac was in no shape for driving so I figured I'd have to call a cab to get me back home my old ball and chain.

When the drink Isaac orders for me arrives, I take it and down it in no time, soon starting to feel the affects of the previous four. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom," I tell Isaac and stand from the bar stool, feeling the room spin with each step I take towards the bathroom.

Making it to the bathroom, I quickly do my business and wash my heads, the room still spinning as I leave which causes me to close my eyes and try to walk. It's probably not the best idea though because soon, I feel myself knocking into someone and we both land on the ground.

"Shit," a female voice says from underneath me and I open my eyes, looking into the face of a girl who looks like she could be Natalie's twin.

Standing up slowly, I hold my hand out to the girl, "I'm sorry," I smile as she takes my hand and stands up. "I wasn't really paying attention and..." I say but she interrupts me.

"It's fine," she winks at me. "I won't be mad, not unless you buy me a drink."

I feel myself blush as the girl blatantly flirts with me, "Of course I will buy you a drink," I smirk deciding that maybe a little harmless flirting won't be so bad.

When we get to the bar, I order her the same drink Isaac has been ordering for me. A rum and coke.

"I hope you don't mind that?" I ask after ordering and she shakes her head.

"It's fine babe," she winks again as she moves closer to me. "So, what's your name clumsy pants? I'm Bethany."

I just blush at her nickname for me, "Well I could get used to clumsy pants," I smirk as her drink arrives and I watch her take a drink. "But my name is Zachary," I smile deciding that I want her to call me Zachary. She looks like Natalie and Natalie has a habit of calling me Zachary.

After our introduction to each other we spend the next hour talking. I find out she is in her last year of college at TU and she is from Kentucky, planning to move back there once she is done with college.

"So Bethany," I start deciding to be brazen since I have had a few drinks. "How about we ditch this place for a more private conversation," I whisper into her ear. I'm hoping she will say yes, I mean she has been flirting with me all night and just looking at her in that low cut top and barely there skirt has got my dick hard. It's not like Kate will help me with that when I get home and I am getting sick of using my hand again.