Chapter Fourteen: Restrained

Nine Crimes Chapter Fourteen

Later that night, I was sitting out on Taylor and Natalie's porch getting high. I probably would have done it inside but I wasn't sure if Natalie was like Kate and hated pot to be smoked in her house.

Looking up when I hear the door open, I see Taylor coming out, a beer bottle in his hand. It seemed that was all Taylor had been doing for the past year. Getting drunk when he wasn't at the studio, though sometimes I swear he showed up to work drunk as well.

"I didn't know you were out here," Taylor slurs out as he comes to sit down next to me. "I had to get away from that nagging bitch inside," he growled referring to Natalie.

At the mention of Natalie I look down, "I'm sure she's not that bad," I shrug not liking how Taylor is talking about her.

Taylor just laughs, "Trust me, if she were your wife you'd be calling her a nagging bitch too," he informs me before taking another drink from his beer. "She doesn't want to have sex with me tonight. Keeps complaining that she is too tired," he spits out and I can see the anger on his face.

I try to keep from smirking as I bring the joint to my lips and take a drag. I'm sure the real reason she is saying no is because her ass is still sore from our little bathroom escapades this morning. "Maybe she is just really tired. Kate used to tell me that all the time."

Taylor shakes his head, "Kate was never tired, she was just sore from where she had been with me."

I blush at his words hoping he can't see me. "You think Natalie could be sore?" I ask as I look at him and raise an eyebrow. "Do you think she actually had time today to cheat on you?"

"Hell yeah I think that," Taylor answers me and I roll my eyes, taking another hit from the joint. "I don't even know why she is fucking Isaac," he spits out harshly and I notice a sadness in his eyes that shocks me. "He's my brother and I've always told her I don't want her having sex with my brothers."

Trying to keep a straight face as Taylor mentioned Isaac, I just finished the joint and sighed, "I'm sure Natalie has her reasons for cheating but I'm not sure she'd go and have sex with Isaac," I whisper as I run a hand through my hair.

I hadn't know about him telling Natalie that she couldn't have sex with his brothers and now I feel guilty. Maybe I should just stop this thing with Natalie before it goes too far, though I feel like on my part it already has.

"If it's not Isaac who else could it be Zac?" Taylor asks as he raises the bottle to his lips again and takes a swig. "I mean this guy smells like Isaac and fuck the only other guy she knows who smells the same as Isaac is you," he speaks so softly as he looks at me and shakes his head. "But I trust you. You wouldn't hurt me like that, even if I hurt you."

Keeping my gaze away from Taylor's, I just feel so surprised that he hasn't figured it out. If I'm the only other person she knows who smells like Isaac then do your math already. I'm also again left feeling guilty with Taylor's admission of trusting me. I half want to tell him he shouldn't trust me. That I'd like to steal his wife from him and make love to her tonight even if she is supposedly tired.

Biting my lip, I sigh and look at him, "I'm glad you trust me," I say honestly. I am glad he trusts me but it makes me feel so damn guilty at the same time and it also makes me want to call off this thing with Natalie again.

"You are a good brother Zac," Taylor smiles and his blue eyes light up some. "And Natalie despite her faults and nagging is a good wife. I don't deserve her but I'm glad I have her. I don't think I could ever lose her to anyone."