Chapter Thirty: Shocks and Surprises

Nine Crimes Chapter Thirty

Waking up in my bed as my alarm blares from beside me on the night stand I reach over and smack it a few times before it finally cuts off. Sitting up I glare as I read the numbers on the clock. Seven-thirty in the morning. I almost want to ask myself what I am doing up at this time but I know perfectly well what it is I am doing up at this time. Bethany wants to come by at eight to talk. It has been two weeks since she told me she was pregnant and since then I have been avoiding her and not just because of the pregnancy but because I fucked her sister.

Getting out of bed I find the jeans I had taken off the night before. As I am getting dressed I can only hope that Leigh hasn't told Bethany about us having sex. I'm not sure that information will help anything in this situation. In fact I am highly convinced that if Bethany knew she would kill me, even if she is having my baby. She is that crazy.

After I am dressed I leave my room, hearing a knock at the door. I know it's not eight so I am surprised that for once Bethany is early. If I can remember one thing about her it is the fact that she is never on time or she shows up at the wrong times. Shaking my head I open the door with a smirk. "You are early for once..." I start but stop when I come face to face with Natalie, my smirk dropping from my lips. This is almost eerily like the dream I had.

"Surprise," Natalie smiles her hand going up to brush some hair out of my face. I just stand there still in a daze. I'm afraid I am dreaming again.

"No kidding," I mutter under my breath, reaching up to grab her hand, moving it away from me. "Is this a dream?" I ask her feeling scared of the answer I am going to get.

Natalie gives me a confused look but pushes her way inside of my apartment. "Why would this be a dream?" she asks her voice showing hints of confusion. "I came back to Tulsa yesterday to file paper work towards getting a divorce from Taylor. After that I pleaded with your mom to give me your address, apparently Kate has told her about our affair and she was reluctant to tell me where you live."

Going silent as she speaks, I shut the door behind her still feeling as if I am dreaming. "You are getting divorced a week or so before Thanksgiving?" I ask figuring she'd wait at least for the children's sake.

Natalie nods as she walks over to my couch sitting down. She is acting like she lives here already. Like she thinks things are going to be fine between us and she hasn't been out of my life for two weeks.

"Does that surprise you?" she asks, her head turning so she can look at me and the moment she does I know I am in a losing battle if I want to deny her of having me back. I will willingly go back to her right now even if Bethany is having my child. I mean I am sure things can work out if Natalie and Bethany don't kill each other first that is.

I look down as I walk over, sitting down beside her on the couch. "I guess it surprises me some. I just thought you'd wait for the children's sake anyway."

Natalie shrugs before smiling, "Taylor and I didn't see the sense in waiting. We both decided to just come back to Tulsa and get things over with quickly so that he and I both could move on. Apparently he has been in contact with Kate. Once your divorce is over with from her they may try to work things out for the baby's sake, not to mention Taylor said Kate thinks he is great in bed."

Before I can reply there is another knock on the door, this time I am certain it's Bethany which is going to make things really awkward.

"I should get that," I stammer before standing from the couch. "I was kind of expecting company. I actually thought you were them when you knocked on the door," I admit still in shock about the Kate and Taylor admission and also nervous about answering the door knowing Bethany is on the other side and wanting to talk about our unborn baby.