Chapter 4

--Aria's Pov--

I ran into the woods and I was running for five minutes before a strong force slammed into me, knocking the both of us to the ground.

I kneed and pushed whoever was on me and I jumped to my feet in a flash.

A wolf turned and snarled at me. I narrowed my eyes at it and I growled. It was a rouge wolf.

It lunged at me and I jumped to the side but it changed course and swiped at me. Its claws dug into my arm and then ripped down, creating a deep scratch mark. I growled and I kicked upward and made contact with its jaw.

It whimpered and I spun and I kicked again and kicked it in the side of the head. It growled and lunged and I swung my hand and racked my nails across its face as I hit it. I sent it flying into a tree and it rebounded and ran at me.

I growled and I went to punch it but it dodged and tackled me to the ground. It had pinned my arms and legs with its feet. I struggled and it snarled and its saliva dripped onto my face. I was disgusted but more angry.

"Face it. I'm stronger than you." It said via a mind message to me.

"Yeah? Well I'm angrier!!" I yelled.

I brought my head up and smashed it into its face. I growled and I freed my hand. I swung and I punched it in the jaw, thus freeing my other hand. I then wrapped my arms around its neck and twisted. I heard a snap and the rouge wolf's body went limp.

I pushed it off of me and I stood.

I turned and ran deeper into the forest until I made it to where everyone else was fighting. Noah, Alec, and Hunter were in wolf form and Jason, Alex and Caleb were fighting in human form. I saw a wolf pin Alec to the ground and I ran and tackled the wolf off of him. We rolled on the ground and finally I pushed it off of me.

It growled and I lunged and kicked it in the jaw. It whimpered and then lunged at me. I lowered myself to the ground quickly but not fast enough. I felt its claws scratch my back. I cried out and I spun and it slammed into me. I fell back and it jumped at me. I brought up my feet and kicked with both feet. It went flying and I jumped to my feet.

I ran at it and I did what I did to the other wolf that tackled me. I wrapped my arms around its neck and I squeezed and twisted its neck hard. I heard a snap and I let go of the body and It fell to the ground, limp. 

I stood there huffing and I saw that we had won.

Jason looked around. Once he saw that there were no more rouges, I saw his face relax a little. 

He looked at me and said "Aria. You're bleeding."

I looked at me arm and it was bleeding and so was my back. It hurt but I didn't mind it. 

Noah, Alec, and Hunter turned back to themselves.

"I'm fine." I said.

"Why did it take you so long to get here? Noah and I sent a mind message to you." Alec asked.

I looked at him and I said "I was coming. I would have been here sooner but I was tackled by a rouge wolf. Hence my bleeding arm." 

"Well at least we know where that rouge wolf ran off to." Hunter said.

Hunter had a claw mark on his leg and it was bleeding. Caleb had two bleeding arms. Everyone else looked alright.

"Come on. Let's get you, Caleb, and Hunter to Amy." Jason said. 

Amy was the girl doctor of the pack while Leon is away.

I nodded and we walked in the direction of the pack hospital.

"By the way." Alec said as he caught up to me and walked beside me. "Thanks for tackling that rouge wolf off of me."

"Don't worry about it. It was nothing." I said.

And he knew better than to argue with me.

--Jason's Pov--

Noah and Alec had ran into some rouges and needed help. Caleb, Hunter, Alex and I ran into the woods after them. We had gotten there and both Alec and Noah were in wolf form and were fighting.  

We started fighting as well and Hunter shifted into his wolf form and fought that way. I looked around and I didn't see Aria. Where was she? She is usually here before me or any of us. 

I looked at Caleb and I said "Where is Aria?!"

"Noah says he and Alec called for her. We don't know where she is!" He said as he punched a rouge right in the face.

"Alec says that a Rouge has gotten past them!" Alex said.

"After we deal with these guys. We will go after it." I said.

We all fought harder and then I heard a growl. I looked to my left and I saw a rouge pin Alec to the ground. Noah tried to help his twin brother but the rouge he was fighting was keeping him busy. 

And that is when I heard a mad growl.

I knew that growl.

I looked over and I saw a figure tackle the rouge that was on Alec. They rolled on the ground and then the figure pushed the wolf off and jumped to its feet. I then saw a pissed off Aria.

I started fighting and I heard her cry out. I looked and I saw her spin around and the rouge smashed into her. She flinched in pain and then she got the upper hand and snapped the rouge's neck.

She stood there a little out of breath. And to be honest, we all were.

I saw her arm was bleeding and I knew her back was as well.

"I'm fine." She said.

"Why did it take you so long to get here? Noah and I sent a mind message to you." Alec asked.

She looked at him and said "I was coming. I would have been here sooner but I was tackled by a rouge wolf. Hence my bleeding arm."

"Well at least we know where that rouge wolf ran off to." Hunter said.

I saw that a few of us had gotten hurt during the fight.

  "Come on. Let's get you, Caleb, and Hunter to Amy." I said.

She nodded and we went to Amy. She went to Aria first and cleaned her back and arm. Then she put a healing mixture and wrapped it with cloth. Then she moved onto Caleb and Hunter.

"Man, those rouges sure have stepped up their game." Noah said.

"It is like they got a power boost." Alec said.

I nodded and I said "We need to step our game up as well. Training will be moved to tomorrow. Right now, I want everyone to go home and rest."

Aria was the last to leave. Finally she turned, thanked Amy and left.

"Aria." I said.

She turned and looked at me.

"Good job out there." I said.

She gave a small smile and said "Thanks Jace."

Then she got into her car and drove off.

As for me. Alex and I went into the woods for patrol.