Chapter 8

--Aria's Pov--

I arrived to the spot where I was doing patrol with Caleb. He looked at me and saw my ticked off look and decided to remain silent.

To avoid conversation I shifted into my wolf form. Besides my senses were better when I was a wolf. 

After a while Caleb looked at me and he said "You want to talk about why you're in a bad mood?"

I looked at him and I shook my head.

"Can I try to cheer you up?" He asked.

I shifted back into myself and I sighed. I gave a nod and he smiled.

He started listing every joke he knew and every funny pranks he has pulled and has yet to pull, as we did our patrol.

Soon Alex and Hunter showed up because it was their turn.

As I walked past them I smiled and mouthed "Thank you."

"For what?" Hunter asked.

"Caleb has been driving me bonkers! If I heard one more joke I would have gone nuts!" I said.

Alex and Hunter smiled and I walked to my car and I decided to not to go home. I went the The Diamond's Tip, instead.

I parked and walked in.

"The usual?" The waiter working today asked me.

"Just a Root Beer please." I said.

I walked up the stairs to the top floor and I sat down in a chair. 

"You fascinated me

Cloaked in shadows and secrecy

The beauty of a broken angel."

I gasped as I loved this song!

"Teach me how to fight

I'll show you how to win
You're my mortal flaw
And I'm your fatal sin
Let me feel the sting
The pain
The burn
Under my skin

Put me to the test
I'll prove that I'm strong
Won't let myself believe
That what we feel is wrong
I Finally see what
You knew was inside me
All along

That behind this soft exterior
Lies a warrior."

I moved my head to the beat and smiled. My root beer arrived and I thanked the waiter and took a sip from it as the song finished.

"The pictures come to life

Wake in the dead of night
Open my eyes
I must be dreaming

Clutch my pillow tight
Brace myself for the fight
I've heard that seeing

Is believing. "

I smiled and finished my Root Beer. I decided that I should head home. I have training tomorrow and I need my rest.

I paid for the Root Beer and I drove home. I got there and I walked inside and locked the doors and windows. I walked up to my room and I changed into my pajamas and I went to my bed.

I climbed in and I fell asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning came and I was up early. I changed into my black shorts and my my grey tank top.

I hopped into my car and drove to the spot where we trained. I was the second to get there. Jason was, as usual, was there first. He was leaning against the hood of his car. He looked up as I got out of my car.

I opened my mouth to say something but he put his hand.

"Before you say anything. I did try to prevent you from seeing him." He said.

"Really? And you didn't think that telling me that he was going to come?" I asked.

"I'm sorry. I should have told you." He said.

I sighed and I said "It's alright."

I looked and I saw the rest our pack arrive. 

"I got word from Lucas that he and Chase and Ethan would like to join us for training." Caleb said.

Jason nodded and said "Sounds good."

I smiled as Lucas's car arrived. He got out with Chase and Ethan.

"Hi beautiful." He said as he hugged me. 

I smiled and looked up at him. 

"Hi." I said.

I turned my attention to Jason as he paired us up with each other. He paired me up with Lucas, which I am pretty sure everyone saw coming. I, however, was happy to be paired up with him. Chase was paired up with Caleb. Ethan was paired up with Alex. Jason and Hunter were in wolf form and were paired up with the twins, Noah and Alec. 

"Wolf form or human form?" I asked, with a smile.

He got into a ready position and I grinned. Human form it is.  

I got into my ready position and waited for him to make a move.

He went to kick and I jumped back and his foot went past my face. I did a high kick and he simply knocked it to the side. He advanced and I stepped back and I brought up my arms in a defensive 'x' and blocked his kick.

I stepped forward and made it look like I was getting ready to kick again and I saw him get into a blocking position. I stepped forward and I spun and stepped back and elbowed him in the chest. He grunted and stepped back. I took a few steps away and I then ran at him and jumped and flipped over him as he kicked at me.

I landed behind him and I jumped onto him and I wrapped my arm around his beautiful neck. I wrapped my legs around his one leg and I twisted lightly. It wasn't hard but it was enough to make him lose his balance and fall to the ground.

I secured my position and locked in place. He tried to get free but he couldn't. I smiled and leaned down and planted a soft kiss on his cheek.

"You know. My lips are no wheres near my cheek." He said softly.

I smiled and I said "We just met. You're gonna have to work your way up to that." 

He smiled and I heard a cleared throat.

I looked up and I felt Lucas's chest vibrate as he growled softly. Standing a few feet away was Ryan and Daniel and Nick. 

"Hope it's alright if we join." Daniel said.

I narrowed my eyes and I released Lucas from my grip. He stood and stood with an arm around my waist.

"You want me to kick his ass?" I heard Lucas ask me.

I smiled up at him and I responded back.

"No. I want to fight...I mean train with him. Trust me." I said back.

He smiled and nodded. Lucas paired up with Nick and Daniel shifted into a wolf and paired up with Hunter. Jason turned back into himself and watched as Ryan walked up in front of me.

"Looks like it's just you and me, baby." Ryan said.

I didn't wait for him to get ready. I spun and made the first move.