Chapter 12

--??'s Pov--

"We must attack now while she is weak!" She yelled.

I glared at her and I said "I thought I told you to shut your mouth."

She grinned and said "You said to keep my voice down. I don't hear keeping my mouth shut anywhere in that."

"Good. Since your memory is still good, how about you listen to my order and pipe down!" I said.

She looked at me and I stood.

I headed to the door and she said "Where are you going?"

I didn't look over my shoulder and I said "Out. I'll be back before morning."

Then I walked out of the door and I slipped into the forest. I walked carefully. I knew that a patrol was on and since a little slip up, they have doubled the patrol numbers.

I did make it to where the girl lived. I slipped in and I saw that no one was home. I frowned and looked around. She wasn't here. 

But if she wasn't here then where could she be? I frowned and then remembered being told that she had ran away and was hurt.  

I walked out of her house and sniffed the air. I could smell her scent. I followed it to a building that was small. I walked around and I found the window that led into her room.

I opened the window and slipped in. She didn't wake as I crept towards her. I stood at the side of her bed and looked at her.

 I stood at the side of her bed and looked at her

I could end her right here and now. It would be so simple. But I wanted to find the right moment to do it. I want, to have a little fun with her first. Then I will kill her.

"I am coming for you little Beta. Watch your back."

I stared down and she didn't even wake to the sound of my voice. She must be a heavy sleeper. Which isn't a good thing if there are people out to kill her. People like me.

"She is sleeping now Alpha. She should be able to leave tomorrow." 

My head snapped up at the approaching voice and footsteps. I turned and I jumped out of the window and booked it into the forest. 

My plan is falling into place.

-----------------------The next day------------------

Aria's Pov

After hours of begging, I finally got Nathan to let me out of the hospital. Personally, I felt better the moment I had stepped out of the building.  

I wasn't even one step out of the building when I felt warm hands wrap around my waist. I looked over my shoulder and I expected Lucas to be there. But instead I saw Ryan there. 

I narrowed my eyes at him and he smiled. I elbowed him hard in the chest and his arms went away from my waist. I stepped away and turned to look at him.

"Go away." I said. 

"I'm not going anywhere until you're mine again." He said.

I growled in annoyance and turned to go when he grabbed my arm. I turned to tell him off when two hand pushed Ryan away from me. I looked and Lucas walked past me and stood in front of me, and I could tell he was pissed off.

"Get your hands off of her!" Lucas growled in a deep voice.

Ryan straightened himself and looked at Lucas. 

"She's my mate. I will-" Ryan began but Lucas cut him off.

"She was your mate. News flash Ryan, she hates you and has a new mate. Me." He said.

He pushed Ryan again and sent him to the ground. Now if he were human, he wouldn't have knocked him to the ground. 

"And you will keep your hands off of her." He said.

I have to admit I was mad that he was speaking for me. But I was mostly happy and touched that he was protecting me. Even if I didn't need protecting.

Ryan let out a growl and stood. He glared at Lucas.

"If you weren't an Alpha, I'd tear you to bits." He said.

"You'll do no such thing." A deep and angry voice growled from behind me.

I turned and I saw Jason and the Twins walk towards our way.

Jason glanced at me and then looked at Ryan and Lucas and he said "As long as you are here, you will behave or I will ask you to leave."

I walked up to Ryan and I said in a tone that he would only hear "And it is the Beta's job to remove people the Alpha wants out."

I grinned and said "And I would love to kick your ass out of my territory."

I didn't even look at him. I simply smiled and I walked away. I smiled softly at Lucas and walked up to Jason.

"Aria. I am glad you are out of the hospital. If you are up to it, I'd like to talk to you in my office." Jason said.

I nodded and I followed him into the meeting place. It wasn't to far of a walk from the hospital. It was about a three minute walk.

He sat down and so did I. 

"Aria. Who all came to visit you while you were in the hospital?" He asked.

"You guys and Lucas in his wolf form. Why?" I asked, confused.

"Because Nathan and I came to check in on you and we smelled a rouge's scent. And it was strong." Jason said.

I looked at him with shock. A rouge was in the room while I was asleep? 

I sighed and I said "Anything else?"

He nodded and he said "There have been almost no Rouge attacks."

"They are afraid. There are more of us here now and they are afraid to attack." I said.

Jason nodded and he said "I agree. And I am going to have someone with you 24/7. That way if a rouge attacks we will be prepared."

As much as I hated the idea of having a shadow. I knew it was for the best. But I am not agreeing unless I get something out of it.

"Ok. But on one condition." I said.

"I'm guessing when you say that you have something that only an Alpha has control over?" He said with a laugh.

I nodded and he said "What is it?"

"I get to train as soon as possible." I said.

He smiled and he said "Yes."

I looked at him surprised and I said "Really?"

He nodded and smiled "You wouldn't be the Aria I know if you didn't ask me that."

I smiled.

"Thanks Jace." I said.

"No trouble." He said.

I was looking forward to ripping a Rouge's head off.