Chapter 27

Aria's Pov

Well at least I know who my room mate is. 

And I couldn't be happier. I was glad about Lucas staying with me. There is no one else I'd have live with me.

Lucas stroked my cheek and I looked up at him and smiled. There was something in his eyes that told me he had something to tell me. I wasn't sure if that something was a bad thing or a good thing. So, I decided to find out.

"What is it?" I asked.

He smiled but then his smile lessened and he said "There is something I need to talk to you about."

I looked at him with a serious look and he took a deep breath and said "I am heading back to my pack in a few days."

I knew right away what that meant. I am his mate and that makes me the Luna of his pack. And that means I will have to leave here and go with him.

Now, that I thought about it. It hurt to know that I would have to leave my family here. Even though no one was related to me, they were family to me. Jason is like a brother to me. I don't know where I'd be if it weren't for them. 

I sighed and I said "I know that means that I have to come with you."

He nodded and I smiled and said "There is no where else I'd rather be than with you."

He smiled and said "I feel the same way."

I snuggled beside him and I looked up at him and I said "Want to go for a walk?"

He nodded and we got up and walked out my front door. He kept walking towards the woods and I stopped. He didn't even notice. I closed my eyes and shifted into my wolf form. Nathan said no training, he didn't say anything about me shifting and walking.

I caught up with Lucas and I nudged his hand with my nose. He jumped back a bit and looked down at me. He smiled and scratched my ear. I panted and Nina leaned into his touch. Oh it felt so wonderful. I wish he did this always.

He laughed and he said "I'm pretty sure shifting into a wolf is considered cheating on the doctor's orders."

I barked and he laughed. 

I smiled and walked and soon I felt a body nudge me. I looked over and I saw Lucas in his wolf form. We found a nice spot to lay down and I snuggled close to him and I laid my head on his front paws. He rested his head on mine and we stayed that way for a long while.

Finally I said, via mind message, "I have to tell the pack."

"I know." He said in a mind message.

I stood up on all four paws and I said "I guess there's no time like the present."

I lifted my head a little and I let out my special howl. It was long and soft, powerful and strong. It was a way of saying that I called a meeting.

I shifted back and so did Lucas. And within a minute and black and white wolf with a dark brown wolf showed. The black and white one was Hunter. The other was Jason. The twins came next followed by Alexander and Caleb.

They all shifted into human forms and we looked up and we saw Chase and Ethan appear. c

Jason looked at me and he said "What is it, Aria?"

I sighed and I took a step forward and I said "I called you all here because I have something of great importance to tell you."

They all were silent and looking at me.

I took a deep breath and I said "As you all know. I am Lucas's Mate. And he is the Alpha and that would make me the Luna. And that also means that I have to go with him when he, Ethan, and Chase return back to their pack."

They were all silent and then Hunter spoke.

"So you are leaving us." He said.

I gave a nod and Alex said "When do you leave?"

Lucas stepped forward and said "In a few days."

For once, The twins and Caleb were silent. Ethan and Chase were also silent. Jason looked surprised and yet not surprised at the same time. 

"Aria. Can I speak to you in private?" Jason asked me via a mind message.

I looked at him and I nodded. 

While everyone was comprehending the news, Jason and I slipped away. We walked until we knew it was safe.

We stopped and he had his back to me.

"I can't believe you're leaving." He said silently. 

I sighed and I said "I know."

He turned to me and he said "Aria. You're like a sister to me. We've been through everything. The tough times and the good times."

I nodded and I said "You were there for me when I got rejected at a young age. And you were there for me, when my father died."

"And you were there for me when The Claw pack almost had me killed. And you were there to help me to look after anything and everything." Jason said.

In case you are wondering, The Claw pack was a enemy pack that had attacked us. The Beta, Eta, and the Alpha, had Jason pinned and were close killing him. Then I came to the rescue and killed them. 

You see, the reason The Claw pack attacked us was because the Alpha wanted something. He wanted me. I wasn't his mate but he thought I was beautiful and he wanted me. Jason had refused and that angered the Alpha. 

Yes, Jason and I have been their for each other. In a way, we were brother and sister. 

He walked up to me and he brought me into a hug, and not being able to help myself, I hugged him back tightly.

"I will miss you terribly Aria." He said.

I felt wet drops on my back and I knew he was crying. I felt tears form and I felt them slip down my face.

"I'll miss you too, Jace." I said. 

He pulled away and he said "I suppose I'll need a new Beta and another Eta. (Remember: An Eta is a warrior wolf. There are usually two in a pack) 

I laughed and said "Just please don't let it be Caleb."

He raised an eyebrow and said "And why is that?"

"Because he wouldn't let me live it down." I said.

Jason laughed and said "I see."