Chapter 11

--Lucas's Pov--

I had left the hospital and I was angry. My mate was attacked and almost taken from me. 

"And we weren't there! Mate could have been killed." My inner wolf, Aiden, whimpered.

Yes. I know.

She could have been killed or worse. But Jason and his pack members have told me that she is very strong. I have no doubt about that. I mean a normal pack member would have troubles taking two rouges on. She had taken on five and she even got shot with a dart. 

Whoever did this to her better hope that I don't find out about them. For if I do then I will destroy them. No one hurts my Mate and gets away with it. 

"Lucas."

I turned around and I saw Ethan walk up to me. Chase was behind him. They were both frowning.

Well this can't be good.

"What's the matter?" I asked them.

Chase sighed sadly and Ethan said "We just got word that Timon(Lucas's Pack Spy) was attacked."

"He's dead." Chase said sadly.

I frowned sadly and I said "Has anyone found him?"

"Yes. They have also given him a proper burial." Ethan said.

I sighed and I said "I see. I guess we will just have to train and be prepared."

They nodded and I walked off to the forest. I needed a good run. And so does Aiden.

As soon as I was in the forest, I shifted and then slowly broke into a run. My inner wolf howled and whooped with joy. He hasn't been out for a run and was happy to be out and running.

"Too bad Mate isn't running with us."  Aiden said sadly.

I agreed. It would be the best thing in the world to have her running beside me. 

I grinned and I said "How about we go visit Mate?"

"Yes! Yes! Let's go and do that!" Aiden said with joy.

We ran all the way to the hospital and I walked to the window where Aria's room was. Her window was opened and I jumped in through it. I landed softly and I saw her sitting on her bed. She was testing her legs and almost fell when she took a step.

I rushed forward with my speed and caught her. Her arms wrapped around my neck and she stabled herself.

She looked down at me and tilted her head. 

"Lucas? Is it you?" She asked softly.

I gave a nod and she smiled. She stroked my fur and scratched behind my ears. It felt sooooo good. Aiden started wagging his tail and leaned into her touch.

"She likes us!!" He said.

I smiled and agreed with him.

"You came to visit me didn't you?" She said smiling.

Oh how I loved her smile. It could brighten up a darkened room. I could stare at it all day. 

I gave a nod and she sat down on the bed and she said "Well I almost have strength in my legs again. Nathan says that I am healing quickly. With some rest I should be better by the end of tomorrow."

I nudged her legs and she laughed and said "I suppose I should do that now." 

She laid underneath the covers and looked down at me and she said "Just to be clear. You are not allowed on this bed. Am I clear?"

I nodded and Aiden whimpered sadly. 

I turned and jumped out of the window. I walked to the place I was staying at and shifted back into myself. I went inside and I went up to the spare room. 

--Aria's Pov--

I missed Lucas as soon as he had jumped out of the window. I had never seen him in his wolf form and he looked amazing.

And I loved stroking his fur. It was so soft and silky. 

But I had lied to him. And I hated myself for it. 

I had told him that I was healing fast and that I would be good by the end of tomorrow. The fast healing part I was being truthful about. 

But I knew that it would be another day or two before I am able to begin fighting. But I need to start training again. If I don't I then I will go crazy. I mean sitting here in this room is very boring.

I had strength in my legs and arms. By the end of tomorrow I should be able to walk around. Maybe Nathan will let me out of here and walk around. 

"I know what you are thinking and the answer is no." Nathan said as he walked in.

I looked at him and I said  "And why not?"

"Because I know you. If I let you out early then your going to do training which is already hard enough on you." He said.

"The training is fine." I said.

"No. They are hard and you're just to stubborn to tell Jason that." He said.

I frowned and as much as I tried to deny it. The training has been getting a little tough. But I learn fast. I will be fine.

"I learn fast. The training will get easier for me. Besides with someone after me I need to get better." I said.

Nathan sighed and handed me some medicine. I drank it and he left the room. I stood and I looked out my window. A knock came and I turned my head and I saw Jason standing there.

"I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you heard that?" I said.

He nodded and said "Why did you lie? Why didn't you didn't tell me that the training was hard on you?"

I looked at him and I sighed. There is no use in hiding anymore. I have to tell him.

"Ever since my father died. I was sad and weak for a long time. Over time I learned to channel my sadness into anger and I felt angry at the rouges. So I put my anger into my training. The better I got the more prepared I'd be in case of another attack." I said.

"Aria. I need you to be truthful with me." He said.

I looked away and I said "I know. I'm sorry."

"Just take it easy." He said.

I heard him turn and walk away.