Chapter 24

--Aria's Pov--

He stayed. He had stayed by my side in the hospital the whole night. His hand holding mine. In a way, I was touched.

I walked away from my bed and I walked over to where Noah was. He looked annoyed with his brand new arm cast. Alec had stayed with him as well. 

I have to admit, them not seeing me like this annoyed me. But something told me that I am the only one who can get out of this. I chose whether I live or die. 

If I die, I can see my father again. Once, I would have given anything to see him and to feel his arms around me. I never got the chance to tell him I loved him before he died. I had been in so much hurt and pain after Ryan had rejected me. I never talked to him. Now I wished I had.

But if I live. I can be with Lucas. I hadn't known him for long but I saw the way he looked at me and how he went through everything just to get to me. He took me out on the most wonderful date. He is my new mate. But what if I screw up one day, if I stay, and he rejects me.

"My darling."

I gasped and turned around.

"Father?" I said.

He smiled and said "Hello my daughter."

I ran up to him and to my surprise, I was able to hug him.

I hugged him close and said "I've missed you so much."

He smiled down at me and he said "I know. I am always watching over you."

"I am so sorry. I should have been stronger. I should have been the Alpha you trained and raised me to be. But I wasn't and because of that. You were killed." I sobbed into him.

He stroked my hair and said "Aria. You are not to blame. You are the woman I always knew you'd grow up to be."

I looked up at him and I said "Really?"

He smiled and said "You were rejected at a young age. And a rejection hurts one deeply. You had every right to have been in the state you were."

I sighed and he said "You need to go back, honey."

I looked up at him and he said "You have friends who need you. A mate who loves you a lot. You have a whole life there."

He kissed my forehead and he said "Think and choose wisely Aria."

"Father?" I asked confused.

He smiled and said "I love you."

I smiled and said "I love you too."

Then he faded and I sighed. 

"Aria Summers!"

I turned around and I gasped. I was in the middle of a flash back. 

||Flash Back||

It was a nice day. I was spending time in Ryan's pack with my father and Jason. They were back at the house I was staying at and I had decided to take a walk with Alan. He was a member of Ryan's pack.

I had turned around when a pissed off voice yelled "Aria Summers!!" 

Ryan was storming towards me and he grabbed my arm, a little too rough, and said "We need to talk. In private."

My eyes widened a little.

It has been about a year since I found out Ryan was my mate. He and I were the perfect couple and a lot of people had thought us to be married as soon as we were of age. 

"Rye.(That was my nickname for him) What is the matter?" I asked.

He didn't answer me. He just pulled me after him. He didn't stop until we were in his office in his home. He let go and he looked at me.