Chapter 10

--Aria's Pov--

"Aria." A distant voice said.

It called again.

"Aria." It was more clearer than the last one.

I moaned and I slowly opened up my eyes. I blinked slowly as my eyes adjusted to the light. I was laying on a hospital bed. I looked and I saw Lucas there holding my hand. Jason and everyone else in our pack was crowded around my bed. 

What.....how....where am I?

"Aria. Are you ok?" Jason asked me.

I blinked and I said "I think I am."

I looked up and I saw Nathan come in. Nathan was our pack doctor. He must have gotten back from his trip.

"Aria. I am glad to see that you are awake." He said.

He looked at everyone and he said "I am afraid I must ask you all to leave. The Alphas may stay but I must ask the rest of you to leave."

Everyone but Lucas and Jason, left the room. I winced when I moved my back a little.

"Easy. You need to heal." Lucas said softly.

I nodded and Nathan came to the front of the bed and he said "My dear, can you tell us what happened?"

I nodded and I said "I was in my home. I was going to go out on the night with Lucas. But then I got a mind message from Hunter. He had warned me to leave my home fast. I was going to but I was attacked."

"There were about five rouge wolves and I had called to Hunter to help me. He said he was on his way. I had started to fight them. During the fight I had shifted into my wolf form and I fought that way."

I paused and I said "I knew that if I didn't do something or Hunter didn't get there soon, I'd be done for. So when one rouge jumped onto my bag I had turned and jumped through my back window. I had killed the rouge and someone had shown up."

"It was a female's voice and she had brought out a gun. I had gotten up and ran. I don't know what she shot at me but it was painful. But the pain turned to numbness. I had ran to the meeting place because I knew that someone would be still there. I had jumped through the window and then I blacked out."

Nathan nodded and he said "Well you're injuries aren't too bad. You should be alright in a day or two. From what you have told me and what Jason told me, there was a small dart in your side. If you hadn't gotten to Jason. Then I am most certain that whoever attacked you would have taken you with them."

I understood what he had meant. If I had been a minute sooner, showing up at the meeting place, I would have be taken. Or killed. I am strong, I knew that. That is probably why I was able to fight off the dart's liquid for so long.

I looked up at them and I said "But what happened to Hunter and Caleb?"

Nathan had left and Caleb and Hunter had came in. 

"What happened to you two?" I asked.

"Well," Caleb said smirking,"I was kicking rouge ass-"

"Please. You were getting you ass kicked by the rouges because you took them all on. I saved your ass and kicked their asses." Hunter said, cutting Caleb off.

Caleb smiled and said "Hunter and I had asked Ryan and Daniel and Nick to do patrol when we went to your home. "

"But when we got there. The place was a mess and you were gone. The rouges were still there and the female figure had ran off when we showed up." Hunter said.

"We ended up killing them and then we got a message from Jason saying you were in the hospital." Caleb said.

I gave a nod and I said "But there is a bigger question still remains."

I looked at Jason and he nodded. 

"We need to know why they are in our territory and why they are going after Aria." Jason said.

I frowned and I said "Well one thing is for sure. I cannot go back to her home. They now know where I lives and they will keep going there."

Lucas nodded and I said "I will just stay in the spare room in the meeting place."

Lucas grinned and he said "That's where I'm staying."

"I'll sleep on the couch." I said.

He chuckled and I smiled. 

"I will send a letter to a member in my pack. He is our spy and he is really good at what he does. If anyone can find out who is after Aria, it's him." Lucas said.

Jason nodded and he stood and said "Then it is settled. I suggest we all get our rest. We have a busy week ahead of us."

Everyone left and Lucas kissed my hand and he turned and left the room. 

I sighed and I closed my eyes and I fell asleep.

--??'s Pov--

The door opened and then closed fast.

"Were you successful?" I asked.

"No!" She yelled.

I looked up and I said "What?"

Anger was growing and she looked pissed.

"She took on five of our fighters and she got away!" She yelled.

"Quit yer yelling." I said.

I sighed and I said "Did you at least use the darts on her?"

"Yes but she got away. AND they have six more wolves there." She said.

"Then we will just have to watch her carefully and find the moment when she is alone. Then hit her with two darts instead of one." I said.

She nodded and left the room.

We are close. So very, very close. 

I stood and I walked to the window. Perhaps it is time I take things into my own hands. I will pay this Beta a visit and watch her from a far. Then I will make a plan and go from there.