Chapter 23

--Lucas's Pov--

We had arrived and Jason smashed the door open and Noah, Alec and Chase walked in and we stood behind them.

I almost ruined our plan when I saw Aria laying there. Her body was limp and her eyes were closed. 

"No!! Mate!!" Aiden yelled. 

She's not dead. She's not dead. She's. Not. Dead.

I looked up as a guy rose from her body and turned around to face us. 

I could feel Aiden's anger. He wanted to rip that man limb from limb. And so did I.

"I'm going to rip you apart." I growled.

"I'd like to see you try." He said.

I growled and got ready to lunge but Noah and Alec beat me to it and lunged and tackled him to the ground. 

Faith raised her hands and her sisters did the same and she yelled for Caleb to get Aria. He ran and a witch tried to lung at him but a barrier stopped her. Caleb picked up Aria and ran from the building.

I heard a whimper and I saw Noah on his side and his leg was broken. I growled and lunged at Lucas when Alec helped his twin brother out of the building. I tackled that guy to the ground and our fight begun.

He swung and I blocked and side kicked him and sent him smashing into the wall. I did a double spin and I kicked Theon twice. He grunted and spun and punch me right in the face.

I looked back and felt my face bleeding. I ran and slammed my body into him and slammed him through the wall.

I used Aria's special move and wrapped my arm around him and locked my leg around his and he tried to move but lost his position and fell to the ground. I kept my grip on him but he twisted and brought his head back and smashed it into my neck. 

I coughed and he slipped out. I spun and ended up getting kicked in the chest. I fell to the ground and I felt his foot on my throat. I coughed and I chocked for air. I looked around and I grabbed a sharp rock.

I'm not going down like this. 

I stabbed the rock into his leg and he cried out. I jumped to my feet. I punched him right in the face. He fell to the ground and I glared down at him. I  spun and stepped hard on his neck and pushed hard and snapped it. His eyes widened and then he went limp and I stood there huffing and puffing.

I then turned and ran to where Caleb had taken Aria. I dropped to my knees at her body. There were so many cuts and burns and bruises. 

Tears fell down my face and I put my head on her chest and cried. She cannot be dead. She just can't. 

"Aria." Jason gasped. 

"Oh my god. Aria." Alec and Noah said at the same time.

Heather put her hand on my shoulder and I looked up at her. She smiled sadly at me and she put her hand on Aria's forehead and closed her eyes. 

After a few minutes she gasped and opened her eyes.

Then she said the words I've been dying to hear.

"She's still alive in there." She said. 

I felt tears of happiness fall and I saw Alex doing the same. in fact everyone was.

"We need to get her to Nathan as soon as possible." Jason said.

Faith and her sisters looked at each other and she said "We can get her there in a minute."

I gave a nod and Faith, Julie, and Heather got into a triangle and closed their eyes. They said a chant and then in a poof of smoke they were gone.

We all rushed to the cars and we drove at top speed all the way home. It took us all day and night but we got there. Everyone but Jason, The Twins and I, went home, and the four of us went to the hospital. Noah was put on a bed and a girl looked after him. Alec remained beside his brother.

Jason and I went to Aria's bed and I saw her skin and hair had been cleaned of the blood and her arms and legs were wrapped in cloth. 

I stood there and I stroked her face. Nathan walked up and started to talk to him. I however just held Aria's hand and stared at her. Aiden and I were both tired but I didn't want to leave her side. 

Soon Nathan walked away and Jason stood at the other side.

"She's going to be ok." He said.

I looked up at him and I said "So she's going to wake up?"

He nodded and said "She will. When she will wake up, we don't know."

I sighed and looked back at her. 

"I am glad she will be ok." Jason said.

He smiled and said "Ever since her father died. I felt like I had to watch over her and protect her. Her and I became best friends and when her father died, she told me that she couldn't take the role of Alpha. It was too much for her."

He paused and said "She's like a sister to me. I don't know what I would have done if she died."

I smiled and I said "She's my first mate. When I met her I smelled vanilla and cinnamon. It had smelled so beautiful."

"She's lucky to have you." Jason said. 

Just then Ryan walked in and he looked at Aria and sighed.

"I am glad she is ok." He said.

"Ryan. What's the matter?" Jason asked.

"Who cares?" Aiden said.

I told him to hush and listened to Ryan.

"I've been thinking and I'm going to go back to my pack." He said.

"I thought you wanted Aria back?" Jason said.

Ryan shook his head and said "It is clear that our link is gone. And it is my own fault. She no longer loves me."

Jason sighed and said "Well. If that is what you want."

He clapped Ryan on the back. 

"Thanks for being here." He said.

Ryan smiled and said "No problem."

Then with one last look at Aria. He turned and left the hospital. 

Jason left soon after and I remained with Aria.