Chapter 14

--Aria's Pov--

Lucas looked at me like a goddess was standing before him. It made me blush and smile. 

I got to the bottom and I walked up to him. 

"You. Look......beautiful." He said.

I really did blush and he smiled.

He led me outside and opened the door. I slid in and he got in as well.

"So where are we going to first?" I asked.

"You'll just have to wait and find out." He said. 

I smiled and he drove all the way to a restaurant. He opened my door and held out his hand. I took it and he led me inside. We went to a corner booth and a waitress came and took our orders. 

I had ordered a burger and fries with a Root Beer and Lucas had order the same. 

He smiled at me and he said "So. If there was only one drink that you would drink for the rest of your life. What would it be?"

I didn't even hesitate. 

"Root Beer." I said.

He laughed and said "Should have seen that coming." 

I laughed as well and he said "Tell me about yourself."

I smiled and said "Well. I am the Eta as well as the Beta. And I was rejected by my first mate. And to make things worse, Alex and my father and I were attacked by rouges and my father was killed. I was suppose to be the next Alpha but I was in a dark place and Jason became the Alpha and I became the Beta."

"Your father was murdered by rouges?" He asked me softly.

I nodded and he said "When did this happen?"

"Almost two years ago." I said.

He was silent and I looked at him and I said "What about you? Tell me a little about you."

He smiled and he said "Well, the past Alpha of my pack was a asshole to his pack. I was the Eta. So I decided to challenge the Alpha. And I had won. Therefore I became the Alpha. That all happened a year ago. Then I began to make my pack known again and made allies and then I heard of your pack and wanted to make an alliance."

"What about your parents?" I asked.

"They passed away when I was 17. Which was a year ago." He said. 

He looked at me and he said "You've told me about your dad. What about your mother?"

I looked away and said "She died protecting me after I was born. Vampires had attacked and she died protecting me."

"I'm so sorry." He said and held my hand.

I smiled softly at him. Our food arrived and we ate it. After about ten minutes we were finished. Lucas led me to his car and drove to the edge of the forest. 

"We are going for a run?!"  My wolf, Nina, asked excitedly.

I looked at Lucas and he smiled and said "Follow me to your surprise." 

Then he shifted and ran into the forest. I smiled and shifted into my wolf form.

I ran after Lucas and soon caught up with him. He looked at me and picked up his pace. I picked mine up as well and followed him through the forest.

--Lucas's Pov--

I had shifted into my wolf and ran off into the forest. In seconds I heard her beside me. 

"Mate is finally running with us!" Aiden said.

I was just as happy as he was. I am running to a surprise I had set up for her, with her on my heels.

I couldn't believe it.

But before I knew it. We had arrived and I stopped and shifted back into myself. Aria looked up at me and tilted her head at me. 

I smiled down and stroked her fur. It was silky and smooth. She leaned into my hand and licked my hand.

I laughed and said "You're going have to change back into yourself if you want to see your surprise."

She let out a huff and shifted back into herself. She smiled and I walked behind her and covered her eyes.

"Trust me." I whispered into her ear.

She nodded and I led her forward and then after about ten steps. I took my hands away and she gasped. There was a waterfall and the moon was out and hit the waterfall just right. 

She looked up at me and I smiled. 

We sat down on the grass and laid against a tree. She was laying on my lap and i stroked her hair. It was silky just like her wolf's fur.

We laid there for a long time before she fell asleep on my lap. I picked her up and I carried her all the way back to my car. I laid her in the passenger side and drove to Alex's place. I picked her back up and booted the door lightly. 

Alex opened it and he said "Must have been a good night if she fell asleep."

I smiled and said "Yeah. It was a very good night."

I carried her up to her room and I laid her on her bed. I pulled the covers over her and bent down and kissed her forehead. 

She smiled softly but didn't wake. I walked quietly out of her room and I said Goodnight to ALex and drove home. 

It was indeed the best date night.