Chapter 25

--Aria's Pov--

Voices. 

A soft grip on my hand.

Gentle voices stroking my face.

More voices.

The voices were mere mumbles. I couldn't make out the words. Or make out who was saying them. There were more than one. Because the voices were in different tones. But I still couldn't make out the words.

Then I opened my eyes. Slowly and carefully. At first everything was blurry, then it all started to settle. I blinked a few times and I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. 

"Aria."

I blinked and I looked over. Right away I felt better. Smiling with tears of relief, was Lucas. I flexed my fingers a little and felt his warm hand. His thumb stroked the top of my hand. It felt so nice. I took another deep breath and let it out slowly.

My chest still felt like hell and I started to feel sore. My arms and legs were sore and it hurt when I took a deep breath. I suppose my body is starting to fully wake up. 

I looked at my arms and saw that the cuts and bruises were gone and my hair was soft and curly and not matted with my own dry blood. 

I looked around, moving my head slowly cause it hurt a little to move it, and saw that I was in a hospital bed. I sighed and decided on one thing.

I hated hospitals. 

I looked back at Lucas and he smiled. Oh how I loved his smile. It made me feel so much better. Like his smile and touch gave me strength. 

I blinked and a door opened and in came Jason, The Twins, Hunter, Caleb, Alex, and Ethan and Chase. 

"Aria. You're awake." Jason said.

I looked at him and gave a small nod. I winced because it hurt a little.

"She just woke up." Lucas said.

Nathan walked in and everyone got out of his way as he made his way to the other side of my bed. 

He bent down and he said "I am glad you're awake. You were out for quite a long time."

"H....ho.....how.....l....lo....long?" I asked slowly.

I found it hard to speak and my voice was small and quiet. 

"Easy does it. You're still healing." Nathan said.

He smiled softly and said "You've been out for about a month."

A month? When I was in that world, talking with my father and seeing an old and painful memory, it only seemed like a few minutes.

"I'll let you visit for a while but Heather and her sisters will be here soon so everyone will have to leave." Nathan said.

Everyone nodded and I looked at him confused. Why would Heather and her sisters be coming here and everyone will have to leave?

Jason saw my confusion as Nathan left and he said "Heather and her sisters are witches and they have been healing you."

Witches? Wow. Didn't see that coming. When I first met Heather she and I became friends right away. One day we were hanging out at The Diamond's Tip and she told me that if I ever were in trouble to tell someone I trusted to go find her.

I sighed and Caleb said "Dudes! I know the perfect joke for this moment!"

I groaned and rolled my eyes. Alex took one step and put Caleb in an head lock. 

"You say one more Joke and I will kick your ass." He growled into Caleb's ear.

I smiled and decided to try sending a mind message.

"Looks like you two are feeling better." I said to Alex.

He looked up and grinned. 

"Yeah, we're fine now. Heather and Faith and Julie healed us when they found us." He said.

He let Caleb out of the head lock and smirked while Caleb glared at him. 

"We're glad you are ok." Noah said.

Alec nodded and said "We were worried that you wouldn't wake up."

"And miss bugging you two? Not a chance."  I said to them.

They grinned and Hunter said "How's Nina?"

i blinked and I then realized he was talking about my wolf. 

"I'm alright." She said.

I smiled and sent Hunter a mind message. It seems that is the only way I can talk and it won't hurt.

"She's alright." I said. 

He smiled and gave a nod. 

Jason sat down and said "Hunter and I have to go do patrol. We'll come by later."

I gave a nod and said via mind message "Thank You for coming for me Jace."

He smiled and said "No problem." 

He got up and he and Hunter left the room. 

Caleb had a grin on his face and he said "You should have seen the fight Aria. It was epic."

I smiled and said "I was there. I saw the whole thing."

He frowned and said "How?"

"How what?" Noah and Alec said at the same time.

I smiled. I missed them speaking and doing things at the same time.

Caleb looked at them and said "She says that she saw everything."

"Well duh." Alec said.

"It's like what that chick did in that movie. She was in an alternate world." Noah finished.

I gave a nod and Lucas shook his head and said "The movie is called "If I Stay."

"Right!" The Twins said at the same time.

I sighed and a knock came at the door and in walked Heather and her sisters. I smiled and her face lit up when she saw me.

"Aria!" She rushed over and hugged me. 

I gasped in pain and she quickly let go. 

"Oops. Sorry, I forgot that you're still in pain." She said.

I smiled and I looked at Lucas and said a message to him.

He smiled and said "She says that it is ok."

The Twins, Caleb, and Alex smiled and left the room. Lucas gave a nod to Ethan and Chase and they left the room as well. Ethan smiled and whispered something to Faith and she smiled and giggled. 

I raised an eyebrow at her and when Ethan and Chase were gone she looked at me and blushed. 

"Ethan is my mate." She said.

I smiled and Lucas leaned down and planted a kiss on my forehead and whispered "I'll be back soon."

I gave a nod and he got up and left the door.

Heather smiled and she said "After tomorrow, you can get the heck out of here."

I smiled and she said "Now you need to rest and let us do the work."

"Th.....thank......y...you." I said.

She smiled and said "No trouble."

I closed my eyes and felt Heather and her two sister's healing magic flow through me as I fell asleep.