Chapter 26

--Natalie's Pov--

"So." He said. "You have failed me once again."

I bowed my head and I said "Yes."

There was a pause and I feared that he would get angry with me. But he didn't.

"I see." He said. "It seems I will have to take things into my own hands."

I lowered my head more and he said "And you're sure that she is dead?"

"Yes." I said. "Theon killed her."

He turned and said in a deep voice, "Then why can I feel that she is still alive?"

I looked up and I said "She can't be alive. We killed her!"

"Don't you raise your voice with me!" He said.

I bite my lip and remained silent. I shouldn't have done that. I should not have raised my voice.

He sighed and said "You know where she lives. You will take me there so that I may take her with me and I will finish what you have failed to do."

I lowered my head and said "Of course."

He grinned and said "After all. what can you do now? You're simply a ghost. With a wave of my hand you will disappear."

I clenched my fists, trying to contain my anger. One thing is for sure. I will make sure that wolf will pay for killing me. And he is the only way to do. And killing that Beta, once and for all, is the best way to do it.

He left the room and I returned to the supernatural heaven. Sort of like that place for vampires and wolfs in that show, The Vampire Diaries. 

That Beta wolf will soon be dead. And I'll have my revenge.

Aria's Pov

I know I've said this before but I mean it. I really hate hospitals. I mean would a little decoration hurt? It is so plain and boring!

I've been in here for over a month! Despite me saying that the time I was passed out didn't count. It did and with each day I am in here I get more annoyed and wanted out.

But both Nathan and Heather said that I couldn't leave yet. But on the plus side, they said that I would be able to leave either today or tomorrow.

God, I hope it is today.I don't think I can last another day in this boring place. But I do get visits from everyone. Lucas came more than everyone else. 

I almost lost my mind every time Caleb came in with a whole bunch of jokes and crappy puns to tell me. Alex sometimes joined him and we both almost lost our minds.

"Good news." Nathan said as he walked in. "You are free to leave here. But NO training. Only relaxing and taking it easy."

I sighed and glared at him.

"Do I make myself clear Aria?" He said.

I nodded and he said "Heather left you some clothes in the front office. And Jason told me that your home is now safe, and it has a new resident."

Before I could ask him to explain. He walked out of the door. I decided that it wan't important so I just grabbed my new clothes and got changed.

 I decided that it wan't important so I just grabbed my new clothes and got changed

I walked out of the hospital and saw that my car was there. I got in and I decided to go to the meeting place and see if Jace was there. 

I figured it was best to let the Alpha of the pack know that his Beta is out of the hospital. And plus, I should tell him because he's not just my Alpha. He's my best friend.

I was relieved to find that his car at the front of the meeting place. I put my car in park and I got out. 

"Jace? You there?" I asked via a mind message.

"Yeah. I'm in my office, come on up." I heard him respond.

I walked in and I walked up the stairs and opened the door. There was no one in the office. I frowned and walked in a bit more and...........

"Boo!!"

I let out a small scream and spun around and I saw The Twins standing their laughing their asses off, Jason stood behind them leaning against the wall, a grin on his face.

I sighed and then I punched both Noah and Alec in the chest, and sent them to the ground. I flexed my fingers on my hand and let out an annoyed huffed.

Jason was still grinning. 

"Sorry Aria, we couldn't resist." Noah said as he and Alec stood.

"Yeah. You can't blame us. We couldn't do it while you were passed out and in the hospital." Alec said.

I raised my eyebrow and I said "Right."

I dragged out the word and they smiled.

I looked at Jason and I said "So you were in on this?"

He smiled and said "Yeah, a little bit."

I shook my head and he said "What did you want to tell me?"

"That I am on bed rest. I am unable to train until Nathan says I am able to." I said.

I sighed and I said very annoyed "And I figured I'd let the Alpha of the pack know of the recent updates." 

He gave a nod and said "Alright. Thanks for letting me know."

I sighed and nodded. Alec had a grin on his face and looked like his twin brother who looked like he was about to say something.

"Say anything and I'll smack the grins off of both of your faces." I growled.

They just smiled and I walked out of the room. I got into my car and I drove to my home. I got out of my car and walked in through the door. And right away my anger and annoyance went away and I felt a lot better. But how?

I walked into the living room and looked around and saw nothing. I frowned in confusion. I felt a pair of soft arms slip around my waist and gently pulled me against a warm and muscular body. I gasped softly and felt shivers go down my spin when the hand slid up my side.

A warm pair of lips touched my neck and made my skin tingle. I knew who it was right away.

"Hello love." A warm and silky voice said into my ear, softly.

I smiled and leaned my head back and rested my head on a shoulder. I looked up into a pair of strong eyes. They had captured my attention and I didn't dare look away. The world could be on fire and I wouldn't even notice it.

"Lucas." I whispered softly.

He smiled and dipped his head down and pressed his lips to mine. I closed my eyes and kissed him back. He bent down and lifted me off of the ground and carried me to my room, his lips never leaving mine for more than a second to breathe. 

He laid me on the bed and kissed me all over. My neck, shoulder, arms, forehead, and they always found their way back to my lips. 

Maybe this bed rest thing won't be such a bad thing, after all.