|5|

Tris's POV

Four walks into the squad room the next morning, looking fresh and sharp--which is surprising after he had five drinks last night-- and he doesn't look at all hungover.

He wears a suit this morning, which is the first time I've seen him in something like that. Black pants that match his black blazer, the dark blue dress shirt underneath really bring out the blue in his eyes. And a black tie to pull it all together.

"You certainly look fancy for a Friday." I comment as he sits down at his desk.

"I came from court, I have a change of clothes in my locker." He tells me, logging into his computer.

"Did you go to the arraignment or something?" I ask, not looking at him since I'm assuming he'll say no.

But when there's silence I look up, "You did."

Four just barely nods.

"Why?" I ask, shaking my head a little.

"He deserved to have someone there--even if he didn't know it-- someone there in his corner." Four explains, shrugging his shoulders.

I smile lightly, "I guess you can be compassionate."

Four chuckles, "I'm not a monster."

He goes to grab his clothes and walks off to go change.

"Sleep with him yet??" I hear Christina whisper in my ear. Making my head snap back and my eyes widen.

"What!?" I exclaim, totally taken off guard by this.

She laughs, "Come on. You two--"

"Are partners, that's it." I explain, beginning to get uncomfortable.

"Mmhm. Four doesn't really socialize with anyone, and he seems to like talking to you. That's not normal for him, so he must like you in more ways than one." Christina shrugs, taking a sip of her coffee she's carrying.

"That's not true, we're partners. That's it okay." I tell her turning back around to face my desk. I hear her laugh some more as she walks off.

Four walks back in wearing jeans and a tight black short sleeve shirt-- which I have to add shows off his muscles.

I have to tare my eyes off him and back onto my computer before he notices my staring.

"Thank you." Four speaks, and I lift my head.

"For what?"

"For driving me home last night." He says and I smirk a little.

"You were pretty drunk last night, that's why I'm surprised you don't look like you have a hangover." I tell him.

"Oh my head is definitely pounding," Four tells me, "I have to ask though. Did I say anything that may be considered embarrassing of did I reveal some huge secret by chance?"

I laugh, "Nope. You did almost get hit by a car though."

"What?" Four smile grows, and I think that's one of my favorite things he wears. I might even like it more than the tight shirts that he wears often... I said might.

"We were walking to the car when you walked straight into the street and a car swerved to try not to hit you." We laugh together.

A voice breaks up our conversation, "Alright Eaton and Prior, we got a new one. Zeke and Shauna are meeting you there." Cap says, handing me a slip of paper with an address.

"One last thing," He says as we get up, "This ones a kid."

Walking out the door and into the elevator, my mind tries to come up with what I think I'm going to see. A child, a murdered child.