|14|

Tris's POV

Monday found me sooner than I would've liked, for my weekend had to be one of the best in a very long time. It wasn't that every moment was magical and filled with exciting happenings every hour, but that it was exactly the opposite of that. It was calm, and relaxing. There was no stress or pressure. It was a weekend full of easy going relaxation with someone who's company I've learned to enjoy every second of.

Parking my car that I got back yesterday, I take the keys out of the ignition. Opening up my door, I grab my jacket from the passenger seat and get out. Not even a few seconds after closing the driver door and turning around, is Four there to greet me.

"Good morning," I greet him, a small smile finding it's way to my lips.

"Morning." Four responds, his smile mirroring my own. Securing my bag over my shoulder, my eyes fall to Four's hands that hold out a coffee cup towards me. One for himself held in his other hand.

Taking it with a smile and a shy thank you, I take a sip. Pleasantly surprised to find that it isn't coffee, but my favorite type of tea.

"I can't believe you remembered." I say to Four as we head into the building. I had told him Saturday morning, another random fact about myself that I shared with him, and he remembered.

Things feel different now with Four... yet at the same time it doesn't. The ease and the comfort I feel when I'm with him hasn't changed, but heightened. When I look at him, I see his smile more. As if my presence alone is enough to make him happy. After we shared that first kiss, it only made the ones to follow easier. For we both knew how it felt to kiss one another, and we both wanted to do it again.

"I wanted to say thank you," Four says as we get on the elevator together. Standing beside him I look over at him as he pushes the button with the hand that doesn't hold his own coffee cup. "For this weekend."

"You make it sound like we flew to Paris or something grand. We just talked and lounged around together." I tell him, smiling at the way his blue eyes don't look anywhere but straight at me.

His blue eyes still have a way of speaking louder than he does, and every time I look at him I find myself falling for those eyes all over again. Something magical in the blue that sparkles back at me.

"I know, but I usually work overtime on the weekends. And you got me to take a breather, just relax and be in the moment." Four explains, and I ache to ask him questions regarding all his late nights or early mornings... but I hold back. I don't want to cross a line I can't come back from.

"Well," I say looking shyly down at my shoes. "Anytime you need a reminder that it's okay to take a break, or take time for yourself, I'm here."

Looking over at Four as the elevator doors open up to our floor, he smiles a small smile my way. And it's hard after this weekend, to not want to kiss that smile spread out across his perfect lips right here in the elevator.

Walking out of the elevator, he chuckles lowly. "I'll be smart to remember that Prior."

Entering the precinct with shared smiles, and light happy hearts, I feel that this Monday will be a good one. Four and I have entered a shift in our relationship, one I'm not sure a label can touch yet. But it's a good shift, and one that I feel hasn't complicated anything regarding our work life. We've just reached a new chapter in our relationship, and something about that makes me think today will be easy.

That is until Zeke comes running towards us, with an expression on his face that diminishes all of my hope for the day and deflates all of the happiness swelling inside of me right now.

"Four," Zeke stops him and I stay next to him. With him.

"What's going on?" Four asks, his eyebrows furrowed as he waits for his friend to give him an explanation for his tense demeanor.

Zeke lets out a sigh, from the slight breathlessness in his voice it sounds as if he's run from one of the interrogation room to us. "It's Amar."

Confusion engulfs me, but the look on Four's face tells me he knows exactly what Zeke is talking about. Four doesn't stand there any longer to allow Zeke to fill him in on all of the information he's missing, but instead rushes past him. Making Zeke release a sigh and making me look to him for answers.

"What's going on?" I ask him, as we watch Four slam things into his locker before going off down the hallway towards the interrogation rooms.

"Four!" Zeke calls as he begins after him, and I follow after him.

"Amar was Four's mentor. He worked narcotics for years, he had almost a lifetime it seems on the job and helped Four out of some pretty bad shit."

"Okay," I say trying to digest all of this information as we walk after Four who looks to be pumping with rage or anxiety.. or a dangerous mixture of both. "I don't understand, is he here? Or in trouble?"

"What the hell is he doing in there?" Four's voice cuts me off, as we round the corner. Four stands looking through the one way glass into one of the rooms. Peering in myself, a man sits with his head faced downward and his wrists handcuffed to the metal bar on the table. His hair is disheveled and I can't see any features in his face from his shadowed position. But what I do see, is his hands caked in a dark red.

"If you would've let me explain earlier—" Zeke tries to say but Four cuts him off, anger fuming off of him in clouds of smoke.

Four isn't in any mood, "Why is he here in cuffs Zeke?"

Zeke releases one last reluctant sigh before answering him, "Amar has been arrested Four."

"What the hell for?"

"Murder."

A/N: I know it's a shorter chapter, but I wanted to get one out for you all! Just as things were going well... something comes along. 🙈 Hope this chapter was alright, even though it was a shorter one! And I hope it's enough to tide you all over while I work on the next chapter!😊