|42|

Tris's POV

"Ms. Ramirez, I'm Detective Prior and this is my partner Detective Eaton. Can we come in? We just have a few questions to ask you."

The woman who stands timidly before us, hiding half way behind her front door that she hasn't opened fully, stares at us with anxiety flooded in her dark brown eyes. But brushing a strand of her curly black hair out of her face, she slowly opens the front door further. Letting us into her small homey feeling residence.

"I told the police officers all that I knew when they found Mr. and Mrs. Harper." She tells us softly, as she shuts the door as we walk into the living room.

"I know ma'am, and I can assure you that you're in no trouble here. We just have some follow up questions to ask you, to help us in our investigation." Tobias explains to the poor woman who looks scared as we all sit down.

Ms. Ramirez takes a seat in an arm chair across from us, as Tobias and I share a rust red colored couch.

"You worked for the Harpers for years now," Tobias starts, shifting forward as he rests his elbows on his knees. "did you know of any enemies they may have had or may have made?"

Her eyebrows furrow, and she shakes her head. "No. No. They were very nice people, no enemies at all."

"No threats or incidents in the past that raised concern?" I ask her and she shakes her head.

"No. None."

"Ma'am, with all due respect," Tobias clears his throat. "you make it sound like the Harpers were perfect people and I can assure you there is no such thing. This couple was targeted, there must've been a reason."

Ms. Ramirez swallows a deep breath, "They worked with very expensive things Mr. Eaton. They were always at the eyes of customers, satisfied and disgruntled."

"Disgruntled enough to torture and murder them?"

I slap Tobias's leg softly, and his blue eyes snap to look at me. I raise my brow as I give him a look, telling him to take it down a notch with this woman. She's scared out of her mind, and it's a miracle she's even willing to speak with us at all.

"Ms. Ramirez," I say with a sigh, and the wide eyed woman looks to me with an anxious expression. "it's looking like whoever did this, was let into the home by Mr. or Mrs. Harper themselves. Was there anyone scheduled to come by the house that day? Any clients or work associates?"

Ms. Ramirez takes a moment to think, and just as she begins to shake her head no, she holds up her finger to stop herself. "No clients, but they had scheduled an installation."

That makes our ears perk up. "What kind of installation?"

"A safe. Mrs. Harper wanted one in the master bedroom. One exactly like the one in the living room."

Tobias leans forward and his eyebrows crease together in confusion. "What safe in the living room?"

C.S.I along with Tobias searched that room floor to ceiling, it was the only room that was ransacked. But they had come up dry.

Ms. Ramirez looks to him, "The one in the wall. It's disguised as a circuit box."

Tobias runs a hand over his jaw, shaking his head. "That's why the room was torn apart. They were looking for the safe."

We keep our voices low, "How'd they know about the safe? I mean, our team couldn't even find it."

Tobias turns to Ms. Ramirez, "The new safe they were having installed, was it made by the same company?"