|6|

Tris's POV

"Jasmine Monroe, age seven." Will says as we arrive to another park, meeting us there. "C.O.D. Ligature Strangulation."

"A year older then Ruby." I sigh, scratching my head.

Will nods, "That's not all."

"What do you mean?" Four question, crossing his arms.

"There's another body," Will says walking over to Nita. "A boy this time, age of five."

I close my eyes, shaking my head. "Same Cause of Death?" I ask.

I watch shrug, "Don't know yet. Nita's gonna have to do the autopsy to tell."

"I'm putting Jasmine Monroe's time of death at 72 hours," Nita says standing up.

"What about the boy?" Four asks, and I try not to look at the tiny human lying in a shallow ditch. Barely resembling a human anymore.

"Samuel Weesler. Went missing over two and a half weeks ago, C.O.D undetermined." Will fills us in on the boy.

"Which parents do you want to inform?" Will asks us, and I let out a breath.

"I don---"

"We'll take the Weeslers." Four cuts me off and I look at him through the corner of my eye.

"Alright," Will says and hands us an address. "Parents are divorced, Sam lived with his dad the most."

"Thanks." I say and walk back to the car with Four.

Strapping in, I let out another breath and face my partner.

"Why were you so quick to say the boy's parents?" I ask, not really happy with the decision. Although I wouldn't really be happy talking to either.

Four shrugs, and turns on the air conditioner. "Kid missing for three weeks, and an age that young..."

Four pauses, trying to decide the best words to use. "Sometimes the parents already know what's coming. We just have to confirm it."

I can feel my eyebrows furrow in question, "So you're saying it's better or easier to make their nightmare a reality?"

Four lets out a sigh, "No. That's not what I'm saying, I'm just..." He rubs his face with one hand, keeping the other on the wheel.

I wait for him to finish, also unsure of what to say next. "I'm not very good with this. I've had to do it, but none of it gets easier."

"Sometimes for me, I can tell people who already have a feeling about the situation better then ones that don't." Four tries to explain.

"Almost like giving them confirmation?" I ask and he nods.

"I'd rather give parents of a child confirmation of something they already believe to be true, rather than give them the complete opposite of what they are hoping for." Four says.

I nod, looking out the window. "You ever think about having children?" I ask, as he makes a turn as we get closer to the address.

I look over and Four's eyes are some what wide, as my question was one he wasn't expecting.

He lets out a light, airy chuckle, "Uh,"

I bite my lip, "I have."

"Really?" Four asks, looking at me.

"Yeah, I mean I think It'd be hard with the job and all. But with the right person, I think I'd like to have a family." I tell him, and it's another truthful moment I'm having with him. Another time where I feel like I can trust him, like I can tell him anything.