|16|

Tris's POV

Hitting redial for the third time, I sigh when I'm directed to his voicemail once again. "Come on Four, pick up." I whisper under my breath as I hang up the phone. Running my hands over my face, I lean my elbows on my desk.

"Did someone lose their partner?" Uriah remarks with a light laugh as he passes by my desk. Looking his way, I shoot him a glare. Even though I know he's just messing with me, I'm not in the mood for any jokes right now.

"Shut up." I tell him with a shake of my head, and hold back flipping him off as he continues to walk to his desk laughing.

I know Four yelled at me and told me not to go after him or get in his way, to be fair lots of people heard it. He wasn't very subtle about giving me that message. But now, after giving him hours to go off on his own, I'm concerned. He's gone MIA. His phone is off, his car is nowhere to be found and no one else seems to know where he went. He's still my partner, mad at me or not, I need to know where he is. Or at least if he's alright.

"Four answering your calls yet?" Zeke asks, coming to my desk and annoyingly sitting on the edge of it as he always does.

"No,"I reply with a shake of my head. "What's that?"

I question looking at the paper he has in his hand. "Turns out Lacy Anders worked as an escort."

"Really? Well that means someone could've hired her, gave her Amar's address and set him up that way." I say, and Zeke nods slowly.

"You believe this to be a set up?"

I shrug my shoulders, "Four seems to believe so."

"Mhm," Zeke hums lowly. "But what do you think?"

"Four's a good cop, and he's usually right about most things. But you're allowed to have your own opinion or thoughts on the case, especially when he has a personal connection to the suspect."

"Not my case remember." I joke lightly, and Zeke lets out a short low chuckle.

"You know what I mean," He says. "Just don't let him sink you if he chooses to bring the ship down on this one."

I'm about to respond when I hear the ding of the elevator, and clicking of heels on the tile floor. Both Zeke and I look over to the entrance just as a woman dressed in a dark blue skirted suit walks in with two men in suits behind her. Her navy heels click loudly, and she has an intimidating look on her face. As if she's here on a mission.

"Aw shit." Zeke curses, getting off of my desk and running a hand through his hair.

"What?" I ask, looking to the blonde haired woman walking into the precinct. "Who is she?"

"Jeanine Matthews, Internal Affairs."

Her shadow looms over my desk as she approaches us, and her hands hold tightly to a stack of files in her arms. "Detective Pedrad, and Detective Prior I presume." She begins and I lean back in my chair looking at her.

"I'm looking for your captain, is he in?"

"Just through that door." Zeke points to the captains office, and with a nod of her pretty blonde head she walks off with her two suited men following.

"What is IA doing here?" I ask Zeke, turning my chair in his direction.

"Amar's a former cop, calls for an investigation in their office as well I suppose."

"Do you think they know about Four? How he's taking this case into his own hands?" I ask, and he shrugs.

"Not yet, but Four better step carefully if they do."