|7|

Tris's POV

"Do we even know who or what we're looking for?" I ask, looking at my partner as he drives. The bright peach orange sunset reflecting light on his face.

"The lawyer who's working all their cases."

"I know that but what if he just works them, I mean what's the motive to kill his clients kids?" I say, resting my elbow on the window.

"We're just looking for anything at this point, we need any leads we can get."

The rest of the drive is quiet, and soon we approach the large brick building. Walking through the glass doors, and up the stairs we run into who I'm guessing is another employee.

"Here," I say bending down, grabbing his files that got knocked out of his hands as we collided. "sorry bout that."

He stands up taking the papers, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "No harm done."

"Excuse me," Four says and holds up his badge so he can see. "can you point us in the right direction here? We're looking for any of the offices' lawyers."

The man chuckles silently to himself, "Look around. They're practically everywhere. But head straight back and take a left, and you'll find yourself at Gary's office. That's who you'll probably want to see."

Four nods, "Thanks."

"Thank you," I say as Four starts walking. "never got your name."

Shaking my head with a small smile as I ask him, "Answer for a different time I suppose."

His answer makes me shake my head walking off with Four.

Knocking on the wood door, it opens to show a middle aged man dressed in a sharp suit.

"Can I help you?" He asks, pushing on his ear piece. Probably pausing whoever he was on call with.

"Chicago P.D," Four says. "can we ask you a few questions?"

The man nods, letting us in. Sitting down in one of the chairs, Four stays standing. Looking around I see the small metal tent on his desk, where his names is presented. Gary Adams.

"These couples," Four shows him a sheet of paper, listed on it are all the names of the victim's parents. "you worked on their divorce and or separation correct?"

Gary looks it over, "I suppose I did. I'm sorry I get so many a week, it's hard to keep them straight."

"Did you ever have contact with their children?" I ask, as Gary goes over to look up the names in his file cabinet.

Shaking his head he answers, "No. Bentley normally does that."

"Who's Bentley?" Four asks.

Gary looks up from a folder he was reading, "He uh works on the other end of the offices. He handles most of the questioning or information about the children involved with families."

"Do you have a picture of him perhaps?" I question, standing up from the chair.

Setting the file down and typing on his keyboard, he turns his screen for us to see. "He'd have the most likely contact with the children, and he'd get most the information about them as well. He should still be here."

Checking his watch Gary answers, but the man on the screen makes my eyes widen in realization.

"Oh my god," I whisper to myself and Four looks at me.

"Thank you," Four nods, cutting the meeting short.

"Just call if there's anything else I can do." Gary says, as we walk out of his office.