|9|

Tris's POV

"Thanks for coming on in," I say looking at the four kids I met this morning sitting across from me. "we really appreciate it."

Seated in a row, some nod as a response. But as typical teenagers they look like they'd rather be anywhere but here.

"We're trying at the moment to develop a full timeline for the incident, and I just need to go over a few things about your stay with you guys, if it's alright."

I take a seat across from them, and set my folder down on the table.

"So what day did you arrive to the cabin?" I ask, and Julie speaks up.

"Saturday afternoon." She's the girl who answered the door when I got to their cabin.

"And all four of you got there the same time?"

"Yes."

"Maks, you said that you spotted a boy walking the lakeside on evening, which night was that?"

Maks shifts in his seat, looking at me and then over at Julie. "I don't remember."

A knock on the glass brings to my attention that I need to step out for a moment, so picking up my folder I exit the interview room.

"I didn't get very far." I say, closing the door behind me.

"That's the thing, I don't think you need to." Al speaks up, and I lean against the wall looking at him and Four.

"How much to you know about that blonde haired girl, what's her name?" Al asks.

"Julie, and not much."

"I'd like to try something different if you don't mind," Al says. "I can tell just from here that she's the alpha in this group of friends. The one carrying the control and the more manipulative of the four."

"What do you suggest?" Four asks.

"I want to talk with each one of them one by one, if you don't mind." I shake my head.

"Go ahead," I tell him. "I thought you wanted to see them all together though."

"I did, and I have. But none of them are going to tell us anything when Julie is around. Separate them, and one of them may provide you information."

Four and I stand back watching Al take Tyler into a different room first.

"I'm Al Brooks, I'm the department's psychiatrist," Al introduces himself to the green eyed black haired kid in front of him. "You're Tyler correct?"

"What's a psychiatrist doing working with the cops?" He asks, leaning back in his chair to conceal how uncomfortable he is.

"I'm mainly used to build a profile on the killer they call me in for." Al explains.

"Killer? Is that why I'm in here?" Tyler asks.

Al shrugs, "Maks told Detective Prior that he saw a boy by the lakeside, did you see him too?"

Tyler shakes his head, "No. We were all pretty hammered, I mean Maks could've been seeing stuff."

"Do you think one of them did it?" I ask Four, as Al finishes up with Tyler.

"Maybe," He shrugs. "Like he said, they were hammered. People do stupid things when they're drunk."

I feel there's something within those words, but he doesn't say anything else. I can tell there's many layers to Four Eaton, the question is how to get to each one of them. Four doesn't look over at me, just watches Tyler leave the room and Maks walks in next.