36) The Funeral 2/5

The Funeral 2/5

Liam-*Five Years Eariler*
"You better not cry when I die Y/N, promise me that." Your brother said to you and you nodded. "I promise."

*Day Of Funeral*

You remembered that promise and you broke it once so you promised not to break it again. You pulled on your black boots and you pulled your high-low skirt up to your waist and slipped on your black long sleeve. You applied light makeup and picked some jewelry out and walked downstairs while putting your earrings in. You say Liam watching TV in his black trousers, button up short sleeve with a vest and when he heard you come down the stairs, he smiled at you and pulled you in for a hug. "Your brother would think that you were beautiful, just like I do." Liam said and you pecked his lips and grabbed his coat for him. "Here ya go Li, lets go so that we aren't late." You said and he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Ok...let me grab my phone from upstairs." He said and you nodded and put on your jacket. You stuffed your phone and wallet in your purse and walked over to the door and waited. After waiting a minute, you saw Liam jogging down the stairs and towards you. "Sorry love, couldn't find my phone." Liam said and you smiled and since the church was just two blocks away, you both decided to walk there instead of driving. "Are you ok baby? You seem....less emotional than you should be." Liam said and you shrugged. "Don't know what you mean by that Li." You said and Liam sighed. "You just lost your brother Y/N, I don't get why you aren't more upset." Liam said with a hint of sadness and frustration in his voice. "Liam, I'm fine." You said and Liam sighed again frustratingly. "No you aren't!! You heavens shed a single tear since you found out and its bothering me too much!! Why the hell are you hiding in your shell?!?!" Liam shouted and you turned around and looked at him. "Maybe I have and you just weren't there!!! It's no like you are there at our flat very often, maybe when you're gone, I break down!!! You don't need to be so fucking controlling over my emotions Liam. If you have a problem with me not opening up, then just leave me the fuck alone." You said and you saw Liam's anger not disappear and you saw him turn around and walk home. You felt your heart break but you didn't stop him. You continued to walk to the church and when you arrived, your cousin, Mikayla, pulled you in for a hug. "It's gonna be ok Y/N, were gonna help." She said and you smiled and hugged her back. You felt empty without Liam but you knew he chose to left.

Liam's POV

I ripped my jacket off and sat on the couch and buried my face I to my knees. After five minutes of sitting there, I heard the phone ring and I saw it was Y/N's mom so I picked it up. "Hello?" I said and I heard her mom talking to someone. "I really hope that Y/N doesn't keep that silly promise that she made to Y/B/N." I heard Y/N's mom say and heard her dad sigh. "Why wouldn't she? She and him were best friends. It was stupid to make her promise not to cry today." My eyes widened and I hung up and raced out the door.

Your POV

We all sat down and I saw an empty spot next me and my heart broke. Just as the ceremony started, I felt someone sit next to me and saw Liam. "Please don't keep the promise baby, its not healthy." He whispered and I froze. 'How did he know about the promise?' I thought to myself and I ignored him and paid attention to the ceremony. "He only made you promise that because he didn't think that he would die this soon." Liam whispered and I felt my eyes water. "Please don't keep the promise baby, I'm so sorry I left you when you needed me the most." He said and you looked at him. "You're right, I need you. But you don't need me. I'm broken Li, you don't need someone weighing you down." You said and you walked away from Liam. You felt your parents watching you and you didn't care. Once you got out of the church, you ran away from it until you reached the park that you and your brother used to go to. You thanked yourself for just wearing boots and not heals. You brushed the leafs off of the swing seat and sat on it. You felt your phone vibrate but you ignored it and decided to remember some times with your brother. You thought about the time when you bailed him out of jail because he got into fist fight with someone in front of a cop and you laughed at the memory. You saw a taxi pull up near you and you saw it let someone out. You were debating on either taking the taxi and leaving or staying here. Before you could decided, you heard someone yelling your name and when you looked towards the noise, you saw Liam. You sighed and stood up and started to walk away. "Y/N!! Stop!!" Liam shouted and you turned the corner. You felt someone put their hand on your shoulder and you saw Liam standing there. "Babe, please stop, I can't breath." Liam panted and you smiled slightly but then started to walk away. "Babe, please, I need you!!" Liam shouted and you stopped and turned around. "Y/N, I love you so much. You are my other half that is essential for me to live, you are the only reason why I get out of bed in the morning, the only person who motivates me to sing, you are the most important person in my life. I need you baby, please don't think otherwise." He pleaded and you walked over to him and kissed him hard on his lips. He wrapped his arms around you and after kissing, he piled you in for a hug. "Please just know, I love you for who you are, and I will help you through this." Liam said and you nodded and you felt yourself start to slowly cry. You hugged him tighter and cried into his shoulder. He held onto you and kissed your ear. "Lets go home babe, its freezing." He said and you didn't respond, only cried more. He picked you up bridal style and carried you to your shared flat. He opened the door to your flat, closed it and walked upstairs and laid you down in bed. He tucked you in and climbed in next to you while you cried into his shirt.

Zayn- You hugged your other aunt as she walked into the ceremony and then thanked her when she said "may he rest in peace". Your mom, your father were sitting down while you and your sister were at the door, thanking the people for coming. You saw your uncle walk in, tears in his eyes and when he looked at you two, he pulled you both in for a hug. "She loved you girls so much, never forget her, please don't ever forget her." Your uncle pleaded and you both promised. You continued to let people in and when you saw a limo pull up, you got confused until you saw Zayn and Liam walk out of the limo. You didn't see anyone else with them except Paul and when they came to the door, Zayn hugged you tightly and kissed your head. "Sorry that the other boys aren't here Y/N, they were busy at the recording studio." Liam said and you nodded understandingly and the three of them went to find their seats. After another ten minutes of greeting people, you and your sister decided to go find your seats in the front. You both sat next to your parents and when you looked around you, you saw Zayn, Liam and Paul sitting behind you. You smiled at them and then looked back towards the front. In the middle of the ceremony, you heard a cell phone go off near you and you saw that it was Liam's and you saw him step out and take the call. After another five minutes, Liam came back and whispered something to Paul and Zayn and Paul and Liam left the ceremony. "Babe, Lou, Haz and Ni were getting mobbed by crazed fans and paparazzi outside of the church." Zayn whispered and you nodded. You heard four people sneak in and sit next to Zayn and when you looked behind you, you saw all of One Direction were smiling at you. You smiled back and watched the rest of the ceremony. "May Y/A/N rest in peace amen." The priest said and everybody said "amen". You hear Zayn softly singing Strong and you wait til everybody was gone til you guys started to leave and on your way out, you asked "Why were you singing Strong?" Zayn smiled and wrapped his arm around you. "Your aunt loved the song so I thought it would be appropriate."

A/N

*****************
Liam's was the one that I had the most fun writing :) sorry that the Zayn one was short, I tried to think of stuff to write in it but I couldn't think of any so yeah...... I am starting the pregnancy series today!!! The first one will be.... How You Find Out.
Anyway, hope you enjoyed this preference, leave a vote if you did, comment if you want and I will see you guys soon!!

-Lexi-