Chapter 26

Aria's POV-

Sitting on the comfortable chair at the cafe, I was drinking my coffee. Sam was working behind counter and was talking to me. Our exams were over and now we just have to submit a semester project and then there was a small break. Sam was making coffee for some customer while I was sipping my coffee. In the meanwhile I told everything what happened between Mr. Ronaldo and me. I told her everything, including why I declined the proposal. I knew she won't judge me. She understood, only if he could too.

"Ok, I am done for the day! Let's get going." Sam announced, taking her apron off. She put it behind the counter and took her jacket from the hook. I got up and gathered all my belongings.

"Oh wait. I need to ask something to Mary. Wait up a minute." Sam said and called Mary. The owner of the café, an old lady with a warm smile. Mary came out of the kitchen. Mary was a excellent Baker. Her cakes and muffins were famous.

"Yes my dear. You called me?" Mary asked. She was so sweet. And she was very nice to Sam.

"Uh yes Mary.... Actually there is something I wanted to ask you." Sam said, both me and Mary are waiting for her statement.

"Yes yes dear. Go ahead." Mary said.

"Actually we just finished with our exams and now we have to make a semester project. So I just wanted to ask if you could give me a week off or something like that? I mean I really need to focus on this project. So please?" Sam asks with her best puppy face expression. No one in the world could say no to that face. There is a silence for a second and then Mary said,

"Ofcourse my dear! You can have a week off. Plus you have a little vacation I heard. Guess what dear? You can come directly after the break. Go and be with your family."  She said. Sam jumps up and down with excitement and hugs Mary.

"Why don't you take this remaining muffins with you. It's a treat from me." Mary said and packed the sweets in a paper bag.

"Thank you so much Mary. You are the sweetest! I'll see you after the break." Sam said. We bid our goodbyes to Mary and left the shop. "Let's get going. I'm cold." Sam asks, rubbing her hands together.

"Actually I need to go the house. I've got somethings to do. I'll see you back at hostel." I said. There were few things Mrs. Aveiro needed from the store. I reach the house; my hands were full of bags. And before I can put them down to ring the bell, the door opens and junior comes out, and hugs me.

"Aria!! You are back. I missed you." He said. I laughed at his enthusiasm. " what are you saying little boy. We just met yesterday." I kissed his cheek.

"That was yesterday. It's alot time between.And I am not a little boy anymore. I am a big guy now" He said. "Well then I am sure the big guy doesn't want chocolate." I chuckled. "Ofcourse I want chocolate. Everyone needs chocolate." He says and takes the chocolate bar from me.

"Cris let her in first." Mrs.Aveiro joined the conversation. I went inside and my heart skipped a bit when I saw him. Mr.Ronaldo, he was standing by the window; talking on his phone. His back was facing us. I totally forgot that he was coming back from the tour. Just after the failed date, his behavior was totally changed. He became rude to everyone except junior and his mom.He even started drinking. His performance on was field was not going great for a while, so he stopped playing. But now he was on the top of mountain. He was breaking all his own records. His playing style became more furious. He was out for a month for the tour. And now he was back, standing in front of me. I turned around and saw me, our eyes were locked for a moment and then he went upstairs without even looking at me. Just like that. I was expecting a little smile or a small talk but nothing happened. He walked past me, without even uttering a word. And that hurt a lot. I knew I broke his heart and now he hates me. I'll talk to him about it, I thought.

After a while, when I was about to leave I decided to try to talk to him. I went upstairs, he was in the balcony, there was bottle of alcohol opened. What should I do? Should just go and talk to him or just leave. I was in the middle of debate when I heard him say.

"Don't you have the courtesy to knock on the door first before you enter someone's room?"

Well that was totally unexpected. It wasn't like he would talk. Why was he behaving this way.

"What do you want Miss. Aria?" He asked, annoyed.

"How do you know I am here to ask something."

"Well turns out that you only talk to me when you need something right? I am your boss afterall." He turned around and took a sip. It stung so much. He never made me feel like this ever. I controlled the tears.

"Now will you please hurry up? I've got some other things to do." He said.

"I...I wanted your permission for...."

"For what?" He snapped.

"I've got a project to submit in college and I need sometime off the work. Mrs.Aveiro is OK with it. I just wanted to ask you." I said it all in one breath. I look up to see him looking at me, he takes a sip from his drink.

"Well, the permission is declined. I won't give you time off." He says simply. I didn't even try to hide the shocked expression. Didn't thought this would happen.

"But why?" I asked.

"I don't feel like explaining that Miss. Aria. Now if you are done you can leave." He said coldly. And I did what I was told, I left the room and house with tears in my eyes.

A/N

Sorry for the late update, hope you like it.

Secondly, wish you all a very Happy Diwali!!!!!  It's probably the main festival celebrated here in India. And it's just full of fun!!!! I  wish you all good luck and health n wealth.

This one is dedicated to these wonderful people-

@lewandowska97
@XxLazyNinjaxX