Chapter 46

Aria's pov-

Raindrops were splattering against the ground making to walk on the road almost impossible. Even the sky is crying. I could hardly see where I'm going. The moment I stepped out I was soaking wet. Hurriedly I tucked my phone in my jacket and made my way ahead. My eyes were burning beacause of tears but I didn't care. My heart was in pieces. I somehow managed to cross the road and sat down on the nearest bench. I pulled my legs up and hugged my knees and let all my emotions out. I cried because I was heartbroken. I cried because of everything that has happened with me which I didn't deserve. I cried because I just said very cruel things to the man I love. I hugged myself tighter. This was yet another bad day to add to my past. I was not even sure if Cristiano will ever see my face. Above me lights flicked on and a loud crash could be heard followed by a very very disgusting sound. My heart stopped beating for a moment.

It was sound of bones cracking against the ground. My heart clenched because I could never ever forget that horrible sound. I followed the voices coming around and ran to them. My feet were making their way but my mind was running back in time. Back in time where it was not supposed to go. A place I shut down for my own personal and mental health. I never wanted to face that time again. Ever. I push through the small crowd and what I saw was enough to make my mind shut down properly. There was the car crashed into the lamp. But something was wrong. Instead of near the car people were gathered near something else. My pulse quickened. What I saw there was enough to break me.

It was Cristiano. His body was sprawled across the road in very disturbing manner. My heart sank down. There was blood everywhere. Water was carrying the red liquid everywhere. My legs felt like giving up but my brain told me to move. This was no time to sit down and cry. I needed to do something. I immediately sat down near him. My hands were shaking as I turned his head to look at him and for a moment; just for a moment I wanted to believe that I was wrong and he was the person laying on the road distorted. But I was wrong. Bruises...bruises everywhere and for a moment I refused to believe it was Cristiano. Around me people were making noise and I wanted them to just shut up for a while so that my mind could see what is happening.

"Don't just stand right there. Someone call the fucking ambulance!" I shouted loud. My was shaking due to fear. I tried to sooth him and wake him up but it was of no use. I called him many times, tried to wake him up but nothing worked. He was having severe blood loss. Why isn't he making any move. Then the possibility hit my mind hard. The rain  had stopped but my tears didn't. No no no no. This can't be happening. Is he dea......no no no he can't just leave me like that. He can't. I won't let this happen again. Cristiano you have to wake up. My tremendously shaking hand reached for his pulse but before I could touch him I was yanked away from him. I protested.

"LET GO OF ME. LET GO OF ME. I NEED TO BE WITH HIM. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HE NEEDS ME." I tried to break free from the strong grasp that was holding me while he was placed on the stretcher and carried away to the white vehicle. James turned me around to look me in the eyes and first time in my life I saw him dead serious.

"We need to rush to the hospital right now. Do you listen to me aria...we need to go ok?" He tried to calm me down. And with the only familiar soul right I front of me I broke down in fresh tears. I hugged him tight and cried while he tried to calm me down.

My world had stopped spinning awhile ago. I didn't remember how I got in the car and how we managed to get to the hospital. How Cristiano was taken to the emergency room and how almost every medical staff that saw him had that look in there eyes. The look I was familiar with. The look that promised no living future to the patient. The look of pity to patient's people. I hated it.

I didn't remember how Mrs. Aveiro arrived at the hospital with a broken heart and red eyes. I still remember that encounter. She hurried to us while James and Gareth tried to explain her about the situation. How we had a fight and how he was after me to make everything alright and how he got hit by the car. And there was no need to tell that all the damaged that has been done was all because of me and my stupid behaviour. I remember how she came to me and looked me in the eyes. Those eyes were dead at that moment. Those eyes were tired of crying and were helpless. Those were eyes of a mother who might have lost her son forever. So it didn't hurt me when she slapped me hard on my cheek. I didn't protest beacause I believed I deserved it. Gareth took her away from me and tried to calm her down.

James sat beside me while we waited for the doctors to come out of the operation theatre. He was taken direct to the operation theatre and it has been almost 4 hours since we have been waiting. I was numb with all the emotions. James tried to talk to me. Tried to tell me that everything will be alright. He was atleast showing that he was strong. I couldn't even do that. I admired him for his bravery.

"You have to be strong aria. Not for me, not for you but for him." He told me. He was right, I couldn't let all those thing happen again. Cristiano; for you I will be brave. The door finally opened.

A/N

I hope you enjoyed the new instalment. I apologise for the long wait as I was busy and kinda facing writers block. I'm back now.

Please leave a comment for me as it is the only thing that keeps me going and it means so much.

Love.