Chapter 42

Cristiano's POV-

After the realisation of my feelings towards Aria, it was time for me to let her know the truth. I was going to tell her everything. Today was supposed to be the last day of our mini vacation and I decided to tell her that I love her after our nice family dinner here. I already had asked the manager to make some special arrangements. White Rose was her favorite so asked specifically for fresh flowers. Everything was planned, after dinner and just before the dessert and coffee, I'll bring her up in the balcony where all the decorations are made. Then I'll tell her everything that I feel about her without any hesitation. Just like Mawra had said, I will make her feel special. She is important and she should feel that way.

"So she rejects you and you don't even ask her why did she do it? You just made up something in your mind that she doesn't like or something like that. And then your behavior towards her got changed suddenly. She must have had some problem Cristiano, or maybe there was something holding her back. Did you try to get her talk about it?" Mawra asked me. I had no answer to the question. I never tried to ask her what went wrong. My silence was enough for her.

"You did not Cris. You didn't do much efforts to ask her what was wrong. Yes I admit what she did was wrong. She should have said something, should have gave some explanation but she didn't. But what if she couldn't tell you on the moment? What if she was too overwhelmed by all the things happening. I mean you were her boss Cristiano, she must have felt that this could turn into wrong and that she might lose her job. You never heard that side of the story Cris." Mawra was right.

I never asked Aria what was going on. I assumed things in my mind and made some horrible mistakes. I thought that making her suffer would make her realize that how much it hurts. But she being the kindest girl, did everything that I told with a smile on her face. She never complained nor did she gave up on job. She was there for my son and my mom when even I wasn't there. She was by my side when I needed her the most. She didn't give up on me when the whole world was against me because my games were low. My team was facing defeats. She was there. Taking care of my family when I wasted my life in alcohol and when I made my friends go away. And what did I do? I didn't gave her time off for her studies. I made her work for extra hours and didn't let her go to see her Mom when she was sick. I felt disgusting about myself. Maybe there was a problem and there might be a way. A way to get out. A way for us.

I quickly changed into some nice clothes and made my way to the other rooms. Cristiano was still asleep and mom was reading some magazine. No sign of Aria. I check the other rooms too but she isn't there.

"Mom, have you seen Aria?" I ask, checking my phone for any information from her.

"Oh honey, I forgot to tell you this. Aria went back. She said it was some emergency and she had to be there. I think it was something about some exam or like that."

"What??? Mom why didn't you tell me first? When did she go? And how could you let her leave like that? She isn't feeling good." I shout. Mom gets up.

"Calm down Cristiano. She needed to go, it was about her education. How could I stop her? And besides she is an adult not a child and she can take care of herself." Mom said. "She went away first thing in the morning. She wanted to tell you but you were out, God knows where. So she told me and went. Don't be a baby Cris. She was alright. I packed her medicines too in case she needs it." I rub my forehead with my thumb and index finger, try to ease the pain that I felt. This is not good, I thought.

Aria's POV-

There was a sudden announcement that we had to take a exam again because of some official problem. We were called immediately by the authority and so I had to go. I informed Mrs. Aveiro about the situation and she immediately agreed to let me go. She even made the travel arrangements for me.

The flight was long and tiring and the fact that I had to give another exam drained the energy from me. I went to hostel first and met Sam after a long time. She had to sit for the exam too. It was going to count in final scores so we had to get good marks. We only had few hours till exams and so I decided to use all of it and revise some stuff.

By the evening we were finished with everything. We both were exhausted and so as soon as we entered the room we both fell on our beds. I wanted a good sleep so I thought I'd just turn off my phone so that no one can disturb me. I saw there were several missed calls and some messages from people. I replied to Mom first, letting her know that I was safe and the exam was over. There was one from Lisa asking me if I reached safe or not. I replied to her as well. Few messages were from Mr. Ronaldo, telling me to call him soon and that they have reached home. I was too tired to think so I just decided to call it a day. I turned off my phone and slept.