Chapter 45

Hello. Yep I'm not dead and I'm sorry for late update. Now go and enjoy.

Cristiano's pov-

I could feel the immense tension in the air. As if it was suffocating me with it's pressure. Everyone was still in shock except Aria who was still at the door. Her left hand was on the handle supporting her timid body while her other clenched fist held her phone. Her breathing was uneven as if she ran here from somewhere. But what made my heart sink was the look in her eyes. Those beautiful eyes were crying tears and held a different look rather than the soft one they always showed.

The moment her eyes found me a loud thunder rumbled in the charcoal sky, who was changing its colour rapidly. The lights went off on the second round of thunder leaving us in the dark. Soon the heavy raindrops started falling from the sky. The storm has hit the city but little did I know that a storm has hit my world too.

With the speed of lightning she charged forward. I didn't even get the time to register when the blow came. The slap was loud and clear and unexpected. It stung and soon was followed by the throbbing pain.  Everyone including me was in shock. But not Aria. She stood still.

"Do you even realize how much of a monster you are Mr. Cristiano Ronaldo? Or how you love to mess up people's life, why because you have no life left to live?" She was shaking with anger as she spoke loudly. What is happening right now, I thought.

"Aria what is going on? Calm down will you." James stepped forward to rescue me.

"I'm not talking to you James. Please don't come between me and this man." She said, trying to keep calm while speaking to James but it was clearly seen that she was furious. It hurt me seeing her referring to me as if I'm some stranger.

"Listen Aria, calm down and let's talk about i-" I tried to speak but she cut me in between.

"No you listen Cristiano. I'm sick of putting up with your shit attitude and sick mood swings. I'm done with it. I did everything I could to help you with your family. He'll I even treated your son as my own. I took care of your mother putting her over my own mother" tears were streaming down her face.

" You asked for something and I did it without complaining. And what I got in return? Your manipulative behaviour and your hate? Why? Why do you keep messing with people's lives just for your fun. Why because you want them to work in your own way? Well surprise Cristiano! World doesn't work on your way and it certainly doesn't revolve around you." She growled. Heavy breaths came out of her speaking loudly. Tears threatened to spill from her eyes. I'd never seen her this fragile. I just wanted to wrap my arms around her calm her down. But I knew that would be a wrong move.

"I forgive you all the time but you crossed the limit this time. You threatened Ashton didn't you?" She asked. Who told her that? It was very long time ago when I threatened that guy. He looked suspicious to me and so I did some research. And my suspicion was correct. That guy was expelled from previous college because of his bad behaviour and let's just say his history was not so good to speak. I was just trying to protect her.

"My own mother, My mom was hospitalised because of her heart condition and you didn't let me leave. I begged you to let me go for few days but you didn't cause you were going out of town and ofcourse I was responsible for your family. I needed the money to survive here so I couldn't leave the job; and you knew it didn't you?" Sad tone in her voice was enough to make my heart break into pieces.

You know what is painful? Hearing a person's voice crack while speaking due to pain. And you know what is more painful? When you are the reason behind it. Her voice was barely audible as she spoke. Outside the wind was blowing like crazy.

"Now I understand why you did all that. How silly of me to realise it this late." She smiled at the ground and moved forward to me. Pointing a finger at my chest she said.

"You did it because Mr. Cristiano Ronaldo you don't have a heart. You are a heartless bastard who doesn't deserve love. Yes you heard it right, you do not deserve my love or any other person's love. You might be the wealthiest person in the world in terms of love.....you are worthless." She said slowly taking steps back. The impact was hard, my heart skipped a beat. Those words cut deeper than knife. I felt like my world was closing around me. I felt like the air was sucked out of my lungs. I fell on my knees. Warm liquid spilled on my cheeks. I was crying. I couldn't think of anything. Gareth tried to stop Aria but she was out of door before that. 

Strong arms wrapped around me. James held me tight.

"It's ok to cry Cris...its ok. She is probably mad at you because you didn't tell her the truth. She'll understand it don't worry." He said. In that moment I was very happy to him beside me. I was thankful for having him as my friend.

'I...I must go after her. It's raining very hard and she shouldn't be out. I can't let her go James...I can't let her go this time." I said. My knees were wobbling as I stood up. I won't let her go this time. Not before I explain why I did those things. I ran as fast as I could out of building. On the streets it was impossible to see 2 feet ahead of me because of heavy rainfall. I tried to find her. I saw her on the other side of the street sitting on a bench. Knees to her chest she sat. My Aria. I ran towards her but fate has something else for me. Just few inches away from her as I approached my body was thrown far away from ground. Loud voice of tyres screeching filled the atmosphere as I landed on the ground. I heard my own bones cracked and felt blood in my mouth. I was hit but the car. Impact was strong. I might not make It, Mom's and Cristiano's face came in front. And there was Aria...smiling at me. Soon everything started to fade. If this the end then you must know aria...i love you. My eyes finally shut down.

A/N
Please don't hate me 🙊
I'm sorry for the delay I'm busy with studies. I hope to update soon. Till then.
Love love.