Chapter 47

Aria's Pov-

The doctors were still in the operation theatre and it had been 5 hours since the surgery was going on. We all were waiting for some update. Because there was nothing left to do but wait. Wait for the doctors to come out and tell us that Cristiano is fine, wait for this nightmare to get over, wait for the darkness to go.

I was standing near the big window watching the nature play his hideous game on rain. I never liked rain. Water. I had my own reasons. It reminded me of the dark times of my life. But right now it was the only place which could turn my mind into other direction rather than thinking about the worst imagines.

The rain was still pouring down with a thud. The sky was the darkest shade of black I had ever seen followed by the dance of thunder. It could have been a picturesque view but not now; now it was representing something evil and something dark. The water was flowing down the road like a small river, taking away everything the it could touch;It spared no one. Not even people. I was no where near the water and there was not a chance that it could rise up to this level but still I felt as I was drowning in it. I got that absurd feeling in my lungs as if they were on fire and was gasping for air. It was the same feeling I had faced before. And that time I lost something precious. And this time I might lose something again. I remembered how helpless you feel when you are deep in that water. It's all dark and you try to hold on to something but all there is more darkness. I remember how your brain tries to get out of the thing which is killing you but your lungs just want it to stop. And so you finally let go and let it in. My body shuddered as my lungs were trying to take a breath of air in and I started to cough hard trying breath. My hands reached the railing of the window to catch myself from falling. Strong pair of hands held me tight as I was about to collapse.

"Aria are you ok? Someone call the doctor please! Aria? Aria can you hear  me? Open your eyes Aria." Gareth's voice was barely audible to me. All I know I was slowly falling into darkness.

"I'm I'm fine. I just need to sit down a little bit." I managed to say. He carried me to the nearest chair and carefully placed me on it. The nurse rushed to us, checking up on me. My blood pressure has fallen down a little bit; she gave me some meds that calmed me down. But this pain was nothing compared to the pain he was suffering. I could not even imagine him in that situation. Tears never left my eyes.

After almost an hour late the door to OT opened. We all rushed to the doctor who was patiently writing down something on the file, he then gave it to the nurse and said something after which she left. He approached us. I was in the back of the small crowd, the people who loved and cared for Cristiano. Do I even belong here, I thought to myself. It was no time to think about something else but what the doctor was going to say.

"Please doctor how is He? How is my boy doing? Please tell me he is going to be fine." Cristiano's mother was crying, clinging to doctor's arm.

"Please Mrs. Aveiro be calm. We have performed Craniotomy, a surgey on his brain. He had some severe haemorrhage in brain and which caused accumulation of fluid in brain. We have operated for it but we can't say anything right now. Apart from that he has fractures in his legs and knee. And the fourth rib is severely fractured. He is kept under observation for next 24 hours and due all that injuries we had to put him under medical coma. I'm so sorry but I can not say anything right now. Please be calm." He finished his sentence and I think with that everything was finished. Coma? He was in coma and how can they tell us to be calm. Mrs. Aveiro was sobbing hard and Gareth was trying to hold her.

I don't know what happened next but all I remember is holding onto James's hand as I fell down. Everything was falling apart. And this time I was the reason behind it. Again.

A/N
Hello. This is a short update and this me promising another update on Sunday or soon.

With 3 more chapters to go we are coming to the end of story.

What do you think is going to happen? Will cris survive this fatal accident?

Also if you would like me to add any element in the story please feel free to tell me.

Also.....3 more babies in the Cristiano family??? What is going on man???