Chapter 43

Aria' s pov-

Cleaning your room after exam is over is the most tiring and dreadful thing you'll ever have to face. My whole side of the room was a disaster. It was like a storm came up and left some serious damage. There were Papers scattered all over the tables and my books and notebooks were all over floor. Sticky notes were still on wall which I used for memorizing key words. Even our dressing table was full of notes and stationery. So we decided that today was the total cleanathon day. This whole mess was going back in the place. We were in the middle of the process of cleaning.

"Oh look what I found!!!" Sam cried from beside me. She was currently on the ground to pick up the papers which went under the beds while I was taking care of the sticky notes.

"What is It?" I asked, wiping the sweat droplets from my forehead. It was pretty hot comparing it was still 10.30 in the morning. I rubbed the sweaty hands on my Maroon 5 tshirt which I won at a online contest. A habit of mine which mom hated so much.

"It's that cute little pen I got from aunt fizzy. She got it specially for me when she went to Amsterdam." Sam said, her smile was wide with full of happiness. " I thought I lost it, but it was here under the bed. I feel so relieved." She sighed.

"Sam you are impossible. If only you keep your things at places after you use them, you don't have to worry about them getting lost." I laughed.

"Fair point made Ari," she laughed "so what are you going to do Today?" She asked.

"I was thinking about going to home for holidays. I haven't seen mom since a very long time. I miss her so much. So I'll head to the mansion first and inform Mr. Ronaldo. I didn't tell him that I was coming here. He must be angry at me." I confessed my fear. Of course he'll be angry. I'll apologise to him.

"Sure!!! Can we eat something before you go? I really am starving." She asked making her perfect puppy face. And no sane person would say no to that face.

"Why not? Let's just finish the work and get fresh. I really need to shower. And then we can go out to eat." I told my plan and she agreed.

Within few hours we were sitting at the cafe near our college. We were waiting for our order to get ready. Sam was telling me about her plans; how she was going to meet her relatives in Australia and how she was so excited and in the middle of the conversation I saw a familiar figure near the counter. There is no way I cannot tell who is that person. With much excitement I get up from my seat, leaving Sam hanging.

"Ashton!!!!" I shout out loudly. I haven't seen him in seems like forever. He turns his head to search for the source of the voice. I wave my hand, beaming with happiness. He caught my eye, I see a wave of realisation and much to my surprise he grabs his coffee and makes his way to exit.

"What just happened?? Why did he ignore me?" I asked myself. I excused myself and ran after Ashton. Who was now out on the street making his way through crowd.

"Ashton!! Ashton wait." I called. He didn't stop. Why is he behaving like that?  What's wrong. I run fast to catch up with him. I reach in time before he got lost in crowd. I held his elbow, trying to stop him. I pull his hand to stop him; and I succeed.

"What's wrong with you?" I question,  It's so irritating. He looks at me, then looks everywhere as if someone will come and shoot us. He looks so frightened.

"Aria this is not a good idea. You should go back. I gotta go. Please leave my hand." He said, trying to get away but my grip is tight.

"You are not going anywhere before you tell me why are you acting so weird." I said. He closed his eyes for a second before opening them again.

"Fine, if you want to know. The reason why I am avoiding you is because your boss threatened me. I am not supposed to be anywhere near you. It might cost me my life." He told. It took seconds for the information to get in my mind. My boss, that's Cristiano Ronaldo; he threatened Ashton?? What's happening right now??

"What...what are you talking about?? I...I....I didn't get you. My mind is spinning right now." I say, I feel like my head is burning right now. I feel a little dizzy. My legs are shaking and I feel like I'm going to fall down. But luckily Ashton Catches me before I fall down.

"Hey hey hey, you need to sit down aria. Let's get you somewhere inside." He lifts me up and put me on a bench nearby. He holds his bottle of water for me. I take it.

"Please tell me what's happening Ashton. Please." I beg to him. His eyes are full of concern. He sits beside me.

"The thing is aria, the reason I've been avoiding you this past few months is because of your boss. I was at my room when one day this guys all dressed in black come in my room. They literally broke the door. They threatened me that if I come anywhere near you they'll break my bones. I was so damn confused. They left soon but I was in shock that it happened. But that didn't stop me aria. I tried to contact you so that I could tell you what happened. But the thing is I couldn't get to you. Your number was not reachable and my emails never got delivered. It's like my existence was erased from your life. I even tried to get to you in classes but it was a big fail too. That guy changed my whole time schedule of classes so that I won't get to see you. It was all strange. And when I finally got the chance to meet you during lunch break. You won't believe what happened. I got hit right after we had a quick chat. I didn't even get the chance to tell you. You remember I got called in dean's office??" He asked. I nodded beacause I remembered that day.

"Well it was all a trap. Those guy came again that eve and we got into little fight."

"Oh my god." I gasped.

"It was no big thing. I just had a rib fractured." He says like it's no big thing.

"Look aria you are a great friend but the thing is if I keep contact with you I might get expelled from the college. I don't want that. Please ari for our friendship's sake we need to stop seeing each other. I hope you understand. I gotta go now. Your friend is coming here; you'll be fine. Goodbye aria." With that he is gone. I was left alone to fight my tears back and the urge to curse a certain someone.

A/N

How are my favourite people in the world??? So my exams are over so that means frequent updates!!!!

So tell what was your fav part of story so far in the comments. I really love to read your comments, they make my day.

Till then,

Love.