Chapter 38

Cristiano's POV-

Having a good time on your special day is everyone's dream and that's what I was doing until my little son came running from the crowd, shouting my name and making his way towards me. He stops at front to catch his breath. What's happening? What's wrong? Panic creeps in and I kneel in front of him. Holding his arms to keep him steady.

"Hey hey hey, what's wrong buddy? Are you alright?" I ask. Checking if he is hurt or what. Mom makes her way in front of crowd.

"Oh my goodness Cristiano! What is going on? Are you hurt my boy?" She grabs him.

"Yes...yes...it's Ari. She is...she is.." He takes a pause to catch his breath. Shit! Aria? Where is she....what's wrong?

"Aria what?? What's wrong Cris?" I ask but anyone can clearly notice the panic rising in my voice. I suddenly feel nervous.

"She fell down.... She is outside. Come fast." He says and runs away. By now everyone is watching the show.

"Everything is alright people. Please carry on the fun." I manage assure them that everything is OK. And then I rush outside where I spot mom and some other people gathered around something which would be Aria. I run and see that it is Aria, lying on the ground, her head was neatly placed on some woman's lap. The girl was gently stroking Aria's face; trying to wake her up. Junior was on the other side, rubbing Aria's palm. I make my way in the front.

"Wait a minute, what happened?" I ask, taking Aria's other hand, which was surprisingly cold.

"I don't know, she said she wasn't feeling good. She wanted fresh air and next thing I know she collapsed." The girl said.

"We need to take her in, I'll carry her. Mom please ask someone to call the doctor." I said and picked up the girl. She is so light, she isn't taking care of her health. She is unconscious. I carry her to my room and gently place her on the bed. Mom and the other girl also follow. Mom sits on the chair near the bed and gently strokes her hair. Junior is sitting on the bed, looking helplessly at his friend. And the other girl removes Aria's heels. She is looking beautiful even now. The doctor does his checkup and says that she needs to take bedrest. He also suggested to do some tests. I assure him that we'll take care of her.

"She'll be fine. She is a strong girl." The girl says. Who is she anyway.

"Oh you must be wondering who am I? I'm Lisa. Aria's friend. We met here." She says. I nod in approval. Ofcourse this girl made friends here too. Mom returns soon. She said that she will handle the people at party.

"Cristiano you must return to the party. The guests are waiting for you." Mom said while looking at Aria who was sleeping. For some reason I didn't feel like leaving her here.

"I'll be here here, don't worry people. You all can go peacefully except for this little munchkin, he wants to stay." Lisa says from behind. Can we trust her. We don't even know her. Aria might wakeup and need something. But then again she was there with Aria all through this. I guess we can trust her.

"All right Mom, let's get going and junior will come too." I see his disappointed look but he understands that she needs rest. He gets up from head, whispers something in Aria's ear and joins us. Lisa gives a assuring smile before we leave.

Back in the party hall, nothing has changed. Everyone is enjoying and having a good time. I cut the cake and much too my surprise there is a picture of us on it. It looks so beautiful. She did right. Soon everyone starts to leave and then I spot the familiar figure at the end, waiting for me. Oh shit! Mawra. I rush towards her. She turns around knowing that it's me. She gives me a faint smile.

"Everything alright now?" She asks. She is holding a glass of wine.

"Yeah. Had a little problem but now it's OK. I'm sorry I left you stranded. Let me make it up for you. How about we continue our dinner date. Or I can say late dinner date. I hope you are hungry." I ask. Hopefully I can make it up for her.

"Are you kidding me? I ate like a whale... The food was amazing." She says, closing her eyes and rubbing her other hand on belly. She must have seen my confused and lost expressions as she laughs it of.

"I'm joking around. Yes I would love that." She approves.

"So shall we go, my lady?" I ask taking out my hand. She placed her hand on mine.

"Sure. Let's get going." And we make our way out of the hall to spend the little amount of time left of the night.

A/N

Hello my people. Long time no see. Hope you like this small instalment of "MINE".

If you did then hit the star button and leave a comment to let me know what is going to happen next.

You'll get to know eventually but till then,

Keep guessing.

PS.- a picture of Lisa for you all.

Love.