Chapter 31

Cristiano's POV-

The games season was coming soon. And we wanted to win every match and that's why we were practicing even harder. The training sessions were fun. Everyone was doing their best. As a team we were stronger than ever. We were hoping for the best. We finished the session and I decided to leave early so I bid goodbye to boys. I went in the parking lot,I felt that James was following behind. I stopped near my car, but saw that James was already in his car. He just gave me a little nod and went away. James and Gareth used to avoid me most of the time. But now I am used to this stuff. Media was making up some nonsense that I was in fight with both of them. Media will never ever leave me alone, I thought. I started my car, blocking all the thoughts.

When I reached home, it was all chaos. Is something wrong?

"Hello? Mom? Cristiano? Where are you guys?" I asked. What's wrong, where are they?

"Oh Cristiano! Thanks God you are here." Said my mom,rushing towards me and engulfing me in a tight hug.

"What's wrong Mom? Are you alright? Where is junior? What's wrong?" I questioned her. I can't even think of something hurting my son. He was my life.
But much to my relief, he came down running from the stairs.

"Papa! We were waiting for you. Help us." He said. I picked him up.

"What happened?"

"It's Aria. We can't find her Papa. We both were playing hide and seek but it's been almost two hours and still we can not find her. We checked everywhere." He said.

"Have you tried calling her Mom? She might went out."

"Yes we tried, but her phone is unreachable. I am so worried Cris, she wasn't feeling well. " she said. Where are you Aria, it's not a good time to play. I put him down, pull out my phone and called her. It went straight to the voicemail.

"Ok let me see. I'll search her, you guys don't worry." I told them. And then we searched almost everywhere in the house but couldn't find her. I even called in her hostel but they said she wasn't there. Ok now I was getting worried too.

"Should we inform the police?" Mom asked.

"Just a minute, let me think. I need some air mom. I'll be back in a minute." I said. I went upstairs, in the balcony but the air was chill so I closed the door. And that's when I saw her. Fallen on the floor, her back facing me and her hair were a mess. Her phone was right beside her, into pieces. She fainted? I instantly went towards her, turned her around. Her eyes were closed, my god she was burning with fever.

"Aria....aria wake up." I tried to wake her up but she didn't move. I picked her up from the ground. My room was the closest so I took her there, placed her on the bed. I called Mom and Cristiano up.

"Mom call the doctor, she has high fever." I said. Mom did as I told. Junior sat beside her, rubbing her palm.

"She'll be alright kid." I assured my son. Still he was worried. The doctor came, he asked us to step outside so he could conduct the check up. We waited for them outside. After a lot of time he called us in. We went in, and much to our surprise she was awake. She gave all of us a weak smile. Junior went and hugged her.

"Where were you? We were worried Aria. Don't do this again." He said.

"Aww my poor junior, didn't I tell you that I am very good at playing hide and seek. I am OK, don't worry." She said in her now weak voice.

"Let her rest dear. You can talk to her later." Mom said.

"Is she alright doctor?" I asked. He looked at her, she looked at him. He looked at me,

"She is alright Sir. Just a little fever. I gave her some medicines to eat. Make sure she is taking them on time and is taking a good rest." He again looked at her, " she certainly needs that, and if anything gets wrong she promised to call me."

"Yes yes I'll make sure that she is taking her medication on time." My mom said. I bet no one noticed but I knew something was wrong.

"Thank you so much for coming doctor. Let me drop you to the parking." I said. He gave me nod. As soon as we came out of the room I asked him.

"Is everything alright doctor? If there is something you can tell me."

"No no sir, everything is alright. Just some minor fever. She must be neglecting her diet that's it. She just needs good care and some fresh air maybe. She'll be fine." He said. I couldn't say anything else. We shook hands and then he took leave.

I went back inside. But mom and junior were outside her door.

"She is asleep Cris. Let her rest. I am making dinner for all of us. She needs to take her medicines on time." Mom said and rushed to kitchen. I picked up junior up and together we followed mom in the kitchen.

"So you have holidays right Cristiano?" I asked him.

"Yes."

"Well then get ready buddy."

"Ready for what?" He asked.

"Yes, ready for what Cris?" Mom asked.

"Ready for some fun. We are going on a vacation." I replied.

A/N

I am back!!! Finally exams are over.
Hope you like the chapter. And woohoo we have 500 votes now!!! 500 more to go. 😊

Questions of the day.

1) Your favorite chapter till now?
Mine is chapter no 16!    It was so much fun writing that one. 😂😂

2) I recommend you all to read the shortstory "Beautiful Oblivion". It's really beautiful book. Any recommendations?

Love.