Chapter 49

Aria's pov-

I stumbled out of the pale white hospital room. My legs were refusing to take my weight ahead. It's the weakness, I thought to myself. But I couldn't stop to take break, i tried to catch my breath. Hallway was empty outside the room. I guess all the people were in the waiting room for cris. He was kept in a special room for all i knew. Which room he was in was the real question. I went ahead, searching for a similar face. Finally I got the room.

There he was, laying on the bed. Various machines attached to his body. Various tubes attached to him to keep him going. Still he was the Cristiano I knew. My hands shook as I tried to open the door. Just as i was about to push the door, i saw James tall figure reaching towards the room from the corner of hallway. He stopped in his track when he saw me there, tear stained and a mess. The look on his face clearly said that i should not be there, and i should not go in. But i was not going to listen to anyone. And i didn't want to waste my time fighting with people to let me see him.

"Please. Let me go. Please." I mouthed the words. Prayed that he will understand my situation. My hand was still on the door handle. I guess understood my prayer. He gave me simple nod as he turned around and left. I wiped the few stray tears from my face. You need to be strong Aria,i told myself. I pushed the door open and went inside.

The beeping sound of monitor was creeping me out. The sound i hated the most. My heart clenched as i the strongest man I've ever seen, laying there helpless. His body was covered with white bandages. His head was wrapped in thick white mesh of bandages. An oxygen mask placed on his mouth. Little cuts were scattered over his face. It was not a site i ever wanted to watch. I slowly made my way toward him. His hand was cold as kneeled beside his bed. I took his hand in my hand. His eyes were closed and only the sound ofcardiac monitor which showed his vital was heard. For a minute i just sat there, holding his hand in my hands, hoping to transform some amount of heat to his body. The doctor told us that he could hear us. So that was my only shot.

"Hey Cris. It's me.... Aria." i managed to speak few words before my voice went silent due to heaviness i felt in im throat. This is not the time to cry Aria, i told myself. Be strong.

"I know you can hear me Cris. I really hope you can." the monitor gave a little loud beep showing that his heart rate increased for a second. That was enough sign for me to keep going. I quickly wiped my tears.

"Cris i want to tell you how sorry i am for all this. For what happened to you. But i am not gonna do that. Not in here in this hospital room. Because i know you'll wake up and you'll get soon and you'll be home. Surrounded by your family and friends with laughter and love. I know you are going to be alright. And then, then I'll apologise for the mess I've created. And and i don't know if you'll forgive or not or i don't know if your mom will ever let me see you again. I don't care about the future, that's not my concern right now. All i care about is the present. This very moment that i am with you." i said. Holding his cold plam in my own warm hands bringing them close to me.

" I have messed up many times in the past Cris. Whatever i touch turns into ash. I'm a mess. I've done so many bad things in the past. Anything i love, turns into ashes. And perhaps that's why..... That's why I was controlling myself. I kept it to myself. I didn't want to loose you or junior. I knew if i get close to you guys something terrible will happen. And that's the last thing i want to face in my life." I let my emotions flow. The beep was a bit louder this time.

" So I tried to hold back. I saw the love you had for me in your eyes. I did. And whenever you searched for the emotion in me; i simply ran away. Because i was afraid i might lose you too."

"But the truth is... I love you cris. I really do. And I'm sorry that i didn't tell you about it. I left you hanging without any explanation. I fell in love with you because you loved me when i couldn't love myself. And now I've realised that it doesn't matter what happened in past. Im ready to face anything as long as you are with me." I rested my head on the edge of bed.

"So please. Come back to me. So that i can apologise for all the mistakes I've done. Come back so that i can hug you tight only to Never let go. Come back so that i can kiss you and fix all that I've broken. Please come back. We need you. I need you. Please." I cried.

All the moments came rushing through my mind. The moment we met, all the laughter, all the tears, all the love. Everything just came back. I don't want this to end. I don't. The sheets was wet due to my constant flow of tears.

"Don't cry. Please. I can't see you cry." his voice was almost inaudible. Cracking a bit. I would have said that i totally imagined it but that would have been wrong. Because when I looked up I saw his eyes eyes opened a bit. I don't think I've felt this much of happiness in my whole life. Happy tears were flowing down.

"Cris... Cris are you okay? How do you feel? Oh my god I can't believe this. I'm here ok... I've got you. Im here for you ok. No no no don't close your eyes." I rushed outside to room to call the doctors.

I don't remember what happened next. I barely remember as i doctors rushed to room. And how I was hugging James as i cried for all I knew that my Cris was fine and that everything was going to be fine.