Home

*****
33- Home

Late Winter

Pan was still as Trunks washed the blood from her palm. She sat in the bathtub in his bathroom, warm water was spraying against her naked body as Trunks' gentle hands ran over her.

She didn't know what to think or feel. The last tangible thing she remembered was sitting in the library, watching the fire. The next thing she knew, she was in the Northern fields, a fire iron in her blood-stained hands.

Pan had been hysterical in confusion and shock. Trunks had quickly taken them away to Vegeta-Sei, where they were currently.

"What-" Pan's voice croaked, and she swallowed hard. "What happened?" She asked.

Trunks met her eyes. He had been mostly quiet, and Pan didn't know if it was because he was letting her think or because he was in just as much shock as she was.

"Appa and I arrived to tell Koba to fuck off," Trunks said. "But you showed up. You had a man with you, and it looked as if you used the fire iron to poke his eye out."

Pan gasped as her eyes widened. "I- I did that?" She choked out. "What did I do to Koba?" She asked.

"You threatened him," Trunks shook his head slowly. "I've never seen anything like it. He moved quickly, and he had his sword too. You- you moved faster than I could, and a light came out of you," he whispered. "When I could see again, you had Koba by his shirt and the fire iron on his chest."

Pan swallowed hard as she looked down at her feet. She knew she should feel guilty, but she didn't.

They deserved it, a voice in the back of her mind declared.

"Do- do you think I'm a monster?" She whispered as she looked at Trunks.

"Of course not," Trunks squeezed her hand. "Panna, you know the things I have to do for Frieza. You were just protecting yourself and your family."

Pan swallowed the lump inside of her throat. "What's wrong with me?" She asked. "This isn't the first time that I've lost control like this. Remember my teacher? That day he came and whipped me? It's like something inside of me blew up that day, and I- I burned him!" Pan shook at the memory. She could still remember the blood-curdling screams her teacher had made and the smell of his burning flesh.

"Panna, I think I might know why," Trunks' voice was gentle.

"What do you mean?" She asked quietly. "Is it something to do with my Ki?" She didn't understand how her Ki could make her so erratic or act like that. She was just a human!

"When I returned home this morning, my Appa and I had a long talk," he said quietly. "And then, Goten and I talked. I'm sure this is something he probably wanted to tell you himself, but-" Trunks let out a heavy breath. "Panna, your father was a Saiyan."

Pan's eyes widened. "A Saiyan?" She repeated in a whisper.

Trunks nodded slowly. "That's why Goten's been here all these years. I think maybe your Ki is just unsteady, and not used to your Saiyan powers. I'm sure that it sensed you were in danger both times and just acted," he reasoned.

Pan let out a breath. That made her feel a little better. Still, it was hard for her to believe that her Papa was a Saiyan. That meant she was half-Saiyan, and she just couldn't imagine it.

"I'm too weak to be a Saiyan," Pan muttered.

"You're strong," Trunks said. "I saw it myself," his lips curled into a small smirk. "I have to admit," his voice grew soft and husky. "It was hot."