All is Well

*****
40- All is Well

Late Summer

Chi-Chi sighed as she watched the first sun of Vegeta-Sei start to rise. The night was fading into a reddish hue of morning. It was quiet moments like these when Chi-Chi could stop and think about all that had happened in such a short span of a few months.

Her Goku was back. It still felt like it could be a dream because it was something she had wished for so long. The first several days were spent catching up. Goku has wanted to know everything and anything that had happened while he was gone. Those nights, both him and Chi-Chi fell asleep talking. It took a few more nights before the tension between them couldn't last any longer.

Chi-Chi had been nervous at first because it had been so long. Her nerves quickly vanished as soon as Goku had started to kiss her. It felt even better than she had remembered it being.

It seemed that her whole family was buzzing with happiness.

The rebels from the north were almost completely captured, thanks to the help from the Saiyans. A new royal court had been established, chosen by the people, and Gohan was respected as he should be. He had confessed that the new court honestly did care about the people, and because of that, the earth kingdom was thriving.

Chi-Chi knew that wasn't the only reason as to why Gohan was in such a good mood nowadays. She was sure a certain woman had something to do about it as well. Truthfully, Chi-Chi didn't know what to think of Marron at first, and she was a little leery. She was part-cyborg, and Chi-Chi had never heard anything good about them. Soon though, she realized just what a fantastic person Marron was, and it was very easy to see just how much Gohan liked her.

Goten was doing well too. He had been promoted into the royal guard, and his relationship with Bulla was blooming. Chi-Chi has missed him tremendously over the years, and she was so happy to see what a fine young man Goten had grin to be. He reminded Chi-Chi a lot of Goku, and now that the two of them could be together again, the similarities were striking.

Pan was glowing. Chi-Chi didn't think she had ever seen her daughter so happy. She still looked to be about four months along, but according to Dr. Brief, the baby was healthy. That's all that mattered to Trunks and Pan.

Chi-Chi felt it when Goku walked up behind her. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed the back of her head.

"Mornin' Chi," he said as he rested his head on her shoulder.

"Good morning, Goku-Sa," she smiled.

They stood quietly, watching the sunrise for a few minutes before Goku spoke. "I never thought I would see this again," he whispered. "But I'm glad I can, and I'm glad you're here with me."

"Me too," Chi-Chi sighed.

All was well.

XxXxX

Marron was still staring at the letter in her hands when Gohan found her.

"Hey," he said gently. He took a seat beside her on the bench in the garden where she had been for the last hour. "Are you okay?"

"Honestly, I don't know," Marron whispered.

"I'm here if you want to talk about it, and if you don't, I'm still here just to be here."

Marron let out a sigh. Weeks ago, she had written home. Trunks and Pan were happily married; there was nothing her mother could do to stop it. Masson wasn't writing her mother, anyway. Her father was the one she wanted to speak with. He had been the only one to know if her plan to run away, and he hadn't tried to stop her.